• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue my aunt for child abuse, and pain and suffering?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fairytalesrcute

What is the name of your state? CA

OK well here is the short version of what i want. I want to sue my aunt for child abuse, well i think it was child abuse, because it was mental abuse, and i was 16 at the time. I am 18 now but she put me through so much crap that i shoulidnt have gone through. She even had her friends talking to me very badly then she has my mom thinking i stole her money and my mom is mentally incapacitated now so it hurts me every time i go see her, so the emotional strain she put me through when i was 16 is still effecting me, i mean i dont go see my mother because it hurts me too much because she remembers what my aunt told her, i mean there is ALOT that my aunt did to me including getting me arrested, trying twice and succeeding once. I need to know if this case is worth pursuing, i mean i dont see why it isnt because in Orange County a guy on his 18th birthday reported his alleged raper, and got that guy arrested... i just want justice for what she did to me, and her actions are still affecting me, i mean it is so bad i NEED counseling but i cant afford it...Can any one help me or at least guide me in the right direction i need to get this done with before it is too late.
~Sarah

Zephyr

fairytalesrcute said:
What is the name of your state? CA

OK well here is the short version of what i want. I want to sue my aunt for child abuse, well i think it was child abuse, because it was mental abuse, and i was 16 at the time. I am 18 now but she put me through so much crap that i shoulidnt have gone through. She even had her friends talking to me very badly then she has my mom thinking i stole her money and my mom is mentally incapacitated now so it hurts me every time i go see her, so the emotional strain she put me through when i was 16 is still effecting me, i mean i dont go see my mother because it hurts me too much because she remembers what my aunt told her, i mean there is ALOT that my aunt did to me including getting me arrested, trying twice and succeeding once. I need to know if this case is worth pursuing, i mean i dont see why it isnt because in Orange County a guy on his 18th birthday reported his alleged raper, and got that guy arrested... i just want justice for what she did to me, and her actions are still affecting me, i mean it is so bad i NEED counseling but i cant afford it...Can any one help me or at least guide me in the right direction i need to get this done with before it is too late.
~Sarah

the best revenge is to live well and be happy, I don't think you can do anything about what she did now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">