• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a School Resource Officer have a kid take his pants off at school?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ballwatch

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a family member who is 14 years old. He was accused by another student at school of possessing marijuana. The SRO then took him into the prinicipals office and patted him down. He then asks the student to take his pants off. No parent/guardian was present at the time. Does the SRO have the right to perform this type of search without a parent present? Only people in the office was student, SRO, and Vice-Principal. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

rmet4nzkx

ballwatch said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a family member who is 14 years old. He was accused by another student at school of possessing marijuana. The SRO then took him into the prinicipals office and patted him down. He then asks the student to take his pants off. No parent/guardian was present at the time. Does the SRO have the right to perform this type of search without a parent present? Only people in the office was student, SRO, and Vice-Principal. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
What did they find?

CdwJava

Can he? More than likely - but he'd have to articulate good cause.

It's rare, but can be done.

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:
Can he? More than likely - but he'd have to articulate good cause.

It's rare, but can be done.

- Carl
And I remember when they would just Whoop them across the butt for sassing a teacher, does that age me:mad:

CdwJava

rmet4nzkx said:
And I remember when they would just Whoop them across the butt for sassing a teacher, does that age me:mad:
Nah ... it just brings back not-so-fond memories of my principal's office in grade school. :eek:

- Carl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, I suppose he could have gone commando. Oh well, at least he got the chance to air 'em out!

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:
Nah ... it just brings back not-so-fond memories of my principal's office in grade school. :eek:

- Carl
Ouch:eek: But see where you are now?:D
I was never disciplined in school, I used to stay after to clean the chalk boards:D
Now my father on the other hand, well he was a red neck and figured we musta done somthing bad so we got whooped just in case:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">