• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they really do this?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikia11

Arizona
I am 17 years old and about a month and half ago i received a minor in consumption ticket while i was at the salt river.Well when i went to court we went to the adult court, but the judge said that he was still a juvenile judge so he could do my sentencing. He gave me community service, a 1500 word essay, and a fifty dollar fine, which was all fine i deserved it, but he also gave me a three year probation (and i turn 18 in four months) and he suspended my license for six months.For one thing, i was no where near a vehicle when i received the ticket and the officer even wrote "no vehicle involved on the ticket" and the judge did not write down on any of the paper work that my license was suspended and there IS a place on there where he could have. We signed paperwork for everything else, but my license being suspended. Also, he did not turn it over to the DMV. Another thing is that he seems to be giving me a juvenile and adult sentencing because he gave me the three years probation which from my understanding is adult sentencing because usually the probation for a juvenile ends when you turn 18. Now, i have two questions about those two things. 1) Can he give me three years probation when i am a juvenile and if he can how? 2) Is my license really suspended and if it is can you please explain all of this to me?What is the name of your state?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course he can do that. And you lost your license because you lack the maturity to (a) follow the law and (b) make responsible decisions. Time to find the bus schedule.

K'Ta

i have two questions about those two things. 1) Can he give me three years probation when i am a juvenile and if he can how? 2) Is my license really suspended and if it is can you please explain all of this to me?What is the name of your state?
Your arbitrary bolding of certain letters is annoying.

1) How? Easy, he's the judge, that's how.
2) Yep, really and truly.

There's nothing to explain - you're immature, got caught breaking the law and are now facing the consequences of your actions. This is how life works, precious. I suggest you get used to it.

HappyHusband

Arizona
I am 17 years old and about a month and half ago i received a minor in consumption ticket while i was at the salt river.Well when i went to court we went to the adult court, but the judge said that he was still a juvenile judge so he could do my sentencing. He gave me community service, a 1500 word essay, and a fifty dollar fine, which was all fine i deserved it, but he also gave me a three year probation (and i turn 18 in four months) and he suspended my license for six months.For one thing, i was no where near a vehicle when i received the ticket and the officer even wrote "no vehicle involved on the ticket" and the judge did not write down on any of the paper work that my license was suspended and there IS a place on there where he could have. We signed paperwork for everything else, but my license being suspended. Also, he did not turn it over to the DMV. Another thing is that he seems to be giving me a juvenile and adult sentencing because he gave me the three years probation which from my understanding is adult sentencing because usually the probation for a juvenile ends when you turn 18. Now, i have two questions about those two things. 1) Can he give me three years probation when i am a juvenile and if he can how? 2) Is my license really suspended and if it is can you please explain all of this to me?What is the name of your state?
The key to all your questions and misunderstandings is Arizona's zero tolerance for minors with alcohol policy, which treats you as a minor (under 21 when dealing with alcohol), and not an adult.

I was about to explain it all to you, but since you should have learned all about it while you were studying for your driver's license exam, You Should Already Know!

Indiana Filer

Since you committed your offense as a juvenile, you are going to be considered a juvenile until the end of your probationary period, even if you turn 18 while you are on probation.

You should just be glad they didn't waive you to adult court. If that happens, you'd be spending some time in jail.

HappyHusband

Since you committed your offense as a juvenile, you are going to be considered a juvenile until the end of your probationary period, even if you turn 18 while you are on probation.

You should just be glad they didn't waive you to adult court. If that happens, you'd be spending some time in jail.
That doesn't make any sense.

This is an alcohol offense. The OP is under 21. The OP is a minor (in regards to alcohol), and will be, until he is 21 years and 1 second old.
When his probationary period is up in 36 months, he will be 20 years and 8 months old, and he will still be a minor (in regards to alcohol).

What does adult court have to do with Minor in Consumption (of alcohol)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">