• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car forfeiture Oh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrs. bork

my 17 year old daughter pleaded guilty to drug sales and the erie county drug force wants to sieze the car that was used in the commission of the sales. The vehichle is registered in my husbans name. We had no knowledge that it was being used in those sales.Do they have the right to take the car?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
mrs. bork said:
my 17 year old daughter pleaded guilty to drug sales and the erie county drug force wants to sieze the car that was used in the commission of the sales. The vehichle is registered in my husbans name. We had no knowledge that it was being used in those sales.Do they have the right to take the car?
In many states yes they do. it was used in the commission of a drug crime. They can seize it and it doesn't matter whose name it was in. It would have been different if your husband had reported it stolen and then it was found that it was used in crimes. Also, parents are responsible for their children until they turn 18. Your daughter screwed up and the shame of it is that you will be paying for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">