• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was caught shoplifting..help??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarahjoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
Yesterday i was stopped when an undercover cop saw me pick up a pack of gum and leave. He brough me in a back room and made a really big deal. He called the cops and they said there would be no charges because i cooperated and it was only gum
however does this still mean i have a criminal record??? I am 15 years old
they asked if i had stolen before, candy or something and i said no.
the truth is yes i have stolen large amount of things from that cvs
i am very concerned cameras will be checked because i dont want cops showing up tommorow and arresting me
they discharged me to the cops and the cops said i was free to go

they took my picture and i filled out and signed a form
i am banned from there for a year

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
Yesterday i was stopped when an undercover cop saw me pick up a pack of gum and leave. He brough me in a back room and made a really big deal. He called the cops and they said there would be no charges because i cooperated and it was only gum
however does this still mean i have a criminal record??? I am 15 years old
they asked if i had stolen before, candy or something and i said no.
the truth is yes i have stolen large amount of things from that cvs
i am very concerned cameras will be checked because i dont want cops showing up tommorow and arresting me
they discharged me to the cops and the cops said i was free to go

they took my picture and i filled out and signed a form
i am banned from there for a year
Close call. Stop stealing.

You do not have any criminal record yet, but they can check cameras so I suggest you stop immediately.

You were luckily off the hook this time but you are on the radar now, so cut it out.

sarahjoy

Close call. Stop stealing.

You do not have any criminal record yet, but they can check cameras so I suggest you stop immediately.

You were luckily off the hook this time but you are on the radar now, so cut it out.
yes i am cutting it out for good, it will not happen again thats not my concern right now

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
With all due respect, the time to worry about a criminal record is before you steal, not after. It is now no longer within your control whether you end up with one or not.

Is it likely that anyone will go back and review the tapes? No.

Is it impossible? No.

What do you do if someone does? Have your parents get you a lawyer. And do whatever you have to (babysitting, yard raking, dog walking, whatever) to pay them back for what they spend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">