• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone & Teen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aolbites

What is the name of your state? OH

Friend of mine wanted me to ask a question for him since he doesn't have internet access. He's thinking about getting a phone, pay as you go type, and wanted to know if he purchases the phone can his parents take it away, or since he bought it, is it his to keep. He's 16 and lives in NorthEast Ohio.

gawm

Would they be taking it away as punishment or taking it away because they don't want him to have one. Either way the answer would be yes. So before he spends his money on one I suggest he get his parents permission.

CdwJava

aolbites said:
Friend of mine wanted me to ask a question for him since he doesn't have internet access. He's thinking about getting a phone, pay as you go type, and wanted to know if he purchases the phone can his parents take it away, or since he bought it, is it his to keep. He's 16 and lives in NorthEast Ohio.
Yes, mom and dad can take it away from him. When he is 18 he can make all his own decisions. Until then, he has to follow their rules.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">