• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Class 6 Felony = Child Endangerment, DUI and Refusal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justjenn2u

I am facing a Class 6 Felony Child Neglect, DUI and refusal in VA. My history is 2 DUI's that occurred 11 years ago. 2 Years ago, I was reprimanded while parked with my son waiting on a ride due to my medication. The officer gave a me a child neglect charge and DUI and refusal again. All of those charges were dismissed. I now face the charges I listed above and I know the courts will use my past against me. What is the opinion of any forum member of what type of jail time I may get or any other situation that can arise. My attorney states he would like to get the felony reduced to misdemeanor. Any opinions? These charges are in Virginia

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am facing a Class 6 Felony Child Neglect, DUI and refusal in VA. My history is 2 DUI's that occurred 11 years ago. 2 Years ago, I was reprimanded while parked with my son waiting on a ride due to my medication. The officer gave a me a child neglect charge and DUI and refusal again. All of those charges were dismissed. I now face the charges I listed above and I know the courts will use my past against me. What is the opinion of any forum member of what type of jail time I may get or any other situation that can arise. My attorney states he would like to get the felony reduced to misdemeanor. Any opinions? These charges are in Virginia
Your attorney is the best one to ask this of...really.

Proserpina

This is something you should discuss with your attorney.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Your attorney knows the court and legal climate of the jurisdiction better than we do. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">