• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges on background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmc5434

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
Six years ago, when I was 13, had a charge against me. I wasn't arrested or convicted. I'm worried that the charge will show up on a background check. Will it show? If it will what can I do about it? Thanks

jiggy78

Have you actually seen your own background check or are you just worried about something that "might" happen?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The likelihood that a charge from when you were 13 and for which there was never an arrest or a conviction will show on most background checks is so slim that it's not worth the energy to worry about it.

dmc5434

I am 19. I want to volunteer in a program at the high school that I was involved in. I graduated in June. The school does back ground checks on all volunteers. I would be embarrassed if something shows up and I wouldn't be able to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">