• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charges when your a juvenile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnbrownsdream

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I am going to be applying for a job in which they may run my records. I have recentally turned 18 and am afraid if they find anything on there they may not give me the job. I was always under the impression because of what I had heard from people that when you turn 18 your juvenile record can't be looked at and used against you in cases like this job. Is this true at all or is it something different. Please help asap I am trying to apply within the next few days maybe even today.
thanks
matt

seniorjudge

johnbrownsdream said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa
I am going to be applying for a job in which they may run my records. I have recentally turned 18 and am afraid if they find anything on there they may not give me the job. I was always under the impression because of what I had heard from people that when you turn 18 your juvenile record can't be looked at and used against you in cases like this job. Is this true at all or is it something different. Please help asap I am trying to apply within the next few days maybe even today.
thanks
matt
There are three rules about your past when you apply for a job:

1. Disclose

2. Disclose

and, of course, the all important third one

3. Disclose.

johnbrownsdream

I guess I don't really understand your response and it didn't really anwser my question thanks for posting thought if you can clarify and maybe anwser my question that would be great

johnbrownsdream

Alright so I read through that it says after two years you can get your stuff sealed and thats great because mine happened two years ago. I am confused though, two friends of mine have had charges here in iowa and those charges have been visible on the court webpage however they are all gone now for both persons one is under 18 and the other is over. I was wondering why without them doing anything their records are just gone and mine aren't. It isn't even like they got it sealed they are just not there. If I got mine sealed I guess I could just say they were smoking tickets or something and no one would know the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">