• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child doesn't want to live at home anymore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bthings

I'm really not sure where to post this, none of the sections seemed to fit my question.

I live in Washington State. My younger sister, who is 15 now, does not want to live at home anymore, and for good reasons. It would take me a while to explain all her reasons. She's always feeling stressed out at home, and things are very chaotic there.

And basically my question is, Is there any way she can choose to not live at home anymore? Maybe get put in a foster home? What she would like though, is to be able to live with her grandparents, and they would gladly take her. Does my sister have any options at this point?

CdwJava

Unless mom and dad agree to let her move out, a court would have to remove her from the home. She may not be happy there, but that is hardly sufficient cause for a court to remove her. A judge would have to find her parents unfit to care for her and remove her from their care and custody until they straightened up their act.

If she is being greatly neglected, molested, or abused in some way, speak to the authorities.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">