• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child protective services drug testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommyak

Georgia. A case worker came to my home on September 2, 2016 claiming my kids father called them saying I smoked weed around my kids. No true. I had smoked in the past due to having chronic migraines but not around my kids. They made the allegations against my brother as well. Not knowing my rights and not having anything to hide. Plus it was extra early (7:30) and I was caught off guard. The case worker asked a lot of questions as to why my kids father would call and I told them because he is being vindictive and we recently went to court about a temporary protection order that was dropped due to him saying he was going to the Navy and me not being threatened during the 30 days. The case worker looked in the refrigerator for food, checked the water to make sure it was on, and looked at my sleeping babies. Then before she left said my brother and I had to come to the office to take a drug test. She also made me sign a HIPPA paper (I'm not sure why). She didn't leave any business card and didn't have any court order.The test was suppose to be the day of but she called saying it would be the following Wednesday. I had to work that day and asked if Friday would be OK and she said that would be fine. When I got there ready to give a urinalysis they said I had to give a hair sample. I asked if it was court ordered and they said no but will get one then closed me inside the waiting room. What are my rights and what can I do?

Eekamouse

Georgia. A case worker came to my home on September 2, 2016 claiming my kids father called them saying I smoked weed around my kids. No true. I had smoked in the past due to having chronic migraines but not around my kids. They made the allegations against my brother as well. Not knowing my rights and not having anything to hide. Plus it was extra early (7:30) and I was caught off guard. The case worker asked a lot of questions as to why my kids father would call and I told them because he is being vindictive and we recently went to court about a temporary protection order that was dropped due to him saying he was going to the Navy and me not being threatened during the 30 days. The case worker looked in the refrigerator for food, checked the water to make sure it was on, and looked at my sleeping babies. Then before she left said my brother and I had to come to the office to take a drug test. She also made me sign a HIPPA paper (I'm not sure why). She didn't leave any business card and didn't have any court order.The test was suppose to be the day of but she called saying it would be the following Wednesday. I had to work that day and asked if Friday would be OK and she said that would be fine. When I got there ready to give a urinalysis they said I had to give a hair sample. I asked if it was court ordered and they said no but will get one then closed me inside the waiting room. What are my rights and what can I do?
What are they going to find besides pot when they do a test on your hair?

TigerD

You might want to talk to a lawyer before you go providing evidence against yourself. Just a thought.

TD

Mommyak

Going to speak with one in the morning. Just wanted to see if I could get any information here as well.

CdwJava

How do you not know what drugs they might find in your hair?? Either you have only smoked marijuana, or, you have done more.

If your statement as to when and how often, etc., is honest, you should not have anything to fear from the follicle test in that regard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">