• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children Trespassing on Property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jewli2398

What is the name of your state? PA

Upon purchasing our home we had to remodel before we moved in. The Neighboorhood children ranging in ages of 9-12 decided it would be fun to run around in our home while we were not there and to do so broke a window to enter and exited via the front door which they left wide open. We quickly filed a pilice report and although we did not press changes we had the police speak with the children's parents.

We are currently having problems with the children staying off of our property again. They do not appear to be causing damage, at this time, but tresspassing against our request. :mad: Realizing that if they got hurt while on our property we could be help liable we want this to stop. We do not have any fences on the property at this time, we are saving for it, it is quite costly. In the meantime, speaking to the parents does not seem to be doing any good. I feel as though there is some form of law that would protect my property, but have come up empty handed. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :D
Virginia

What is the name of your state? PAWhat is the name of your state?

outonbail

Tresspassing Children? I completely understand the situation, my neighborhood is infested with them!

Makes me wonder why no pest control company, sells glue traps for kids.

However, depending on the age of these children, as well as their size and weight, I have discovered that the larger "Catch and Release" traps available, can be quite effective.
They're made for the live, humane capturing of racoons, coyotees, wild cats, stray dogs etc. But I just use different bait and they seem to work equally as well on small children.
What I've found works best, are candy apples and if they're not available, then try using chocolate pudding. I've had good results using it as well.

Then I turn them loose in a school yard, or a ball field. Depending on where you live, Toys-R-Us and Wal Mart are great release spots as well.

One warning, don't set the trap up in direct sunlight and make sure you check it every couple of hours. I would also recommend wearing heavy leather gloves when you release them, ear plugs are optional. :D

jewli2398

Hmmm good idea. Although I'm not sure candy apples are the way to go. But maybe money would work as bait. :D haha thanks.

Just Blue

Tresspassing Children? I completely understand the situation, my neighborhood is infested with them!

Makes me wonder why no pest control company, sells glue traps for kids.

However, depending on the age of these children, as well as their size and weight, I have discovered that the larger "Catch and Release" traps available, can be quite effective.
They're made for the live, humane capturing of racoons, coyotees, wild cats, stray dogs etc. But I just use different bait and they seem to work equally as well on small children.
What I've found works best, are candy apples and if they're not available, then try using chocolate pudding. I've had good results using it as well.

Then I turn them loose in a school yard, or a ball field. Depending on where you live, Toys-R-Us and Wal Mart are great release spots as well.

One warning, don't set the trap up in direct sunlight and make sure you check it every couple of hours. I would also recommend wearing heavy leather gloves when you release them, ear plugs are optional. :D

Damn this was funny!! Thanks for the laugh...I really needed it! :cool: :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">