• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused and need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paw2741

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IN
My Son is 17 and will be 18 in 2 months.
He has been, for lack of a better word, Defient. He moved out of his own accord when told he was to obey my rules or he wasn't able to stay.
I have been fighting for over 2 years to keep him in school, Taken him to theropy, Doctors, tried to talk with him. I just can not get through to him.
I am at my wits end. He is head strong to be on his own and will not listen.
He has a job and a place to live, I just need to know what I need to do legally for him and I both, as I know he is not thinking of that.. I need some advice please..... :confused:

outonbail

Two months prior to his 18th birthday is a little late to begin responsible parenting,,,,,,,,

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, hopefully he will learn how tough life can be on his own. You can't protect him from himself. Let him go and see how he does, maybe he'll surprise you, maybe not

Let him know that he can always come back home if he needs to,,,,,,,, but don't expect it to happen. If he's that determined, he'll probably find a way. Let's all hope it's a legal way,,,

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">