• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this considered statutory rape in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aznbadboix

What is the name of your state?New Jersey
is this considered statutory rape If I'm 17 and my girlfriend is 16 and we had sex. Her parents are threatening to press charges for statutory rape and file for a restraining order on me if I don't "back off" o yeah they are basically blackmailing me behind my girlfriends back.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state?New Jersey
is this considered statutory rape If I'm 17 and my girlfriend is 16 and we had sex. Her parents are threatening to press charges for statutory rape and file for a restraining order on me if I don't "back off" o yeah they are basically blackmailing me behind my girlfriends back.
If you're old enough to get laid, you're old enough to google the info yourself. :rolleyes:

aznbadboix

I tried googling it but it just made it more confusing. One article I read said that NJ age of consent is 16 but then another one told me that they need parental consent. I'm just trying to find a straight yes or no answer. thank you very much

Silverplum

I tried googling it but it just made it more confusing. One article I read said that NJ age of consent is 16 but then another one told me that they need parental consent. I'm just trying to find a straight yes or no answer. thank you very much
Okay, you were quite polite. So here you go:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm

New Jersey
§ 2C: 14-2 Aggravated sexual assault is sexual penetration with a victim under age 13.
Sexual assault is sexual penetration with a victim between age 13 and 16 when the actor is at least four years older.

What you want to do in order to avoid confusion is look only at government websites, or those that provide legal citations to such. ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
However, keep in mind that until your girlfriend is 18, she is under her parent's control. Even if it isn't statutory rape, if they don't want her to see you, she doesn't see you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">