• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the Delinquency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarsC

What is the name of your state? Alabama
Age? 21

I was served with warrent for "contributing to the delinquency." The warrent did not state what I "contributed." And I'm not able to find out myself, the officer said my lawyer would have to request the Report.

I don't drink alcohol, I smoke but I refuse to give ciggs to anyone (friends or not.) A week ago I was sitting in my care with my EX(16yo) (same day I broke things off with her) while I was in the middle of tell her that we could not longer be together her brother-in-law walked up behind my car, punched the rear passanger window and then opened my passanger door telling her to get out of the car, and to go get in his. I asked him what the trouble was and he said "The windows are all fogged up, I know whats happening here." I said "Sorry sir your wrong, The windows are not fogged up (The rear window looked fogged, but it was accually covered in dust) I stepped out of the car, walked to the rear window and ran my hand across the rear window, I said "Look, its Dirt not fog" I then go back in my car, after getting my keys back from my ex. I had given her my keys so she would not think I was going to drive off with her or try anything. I then left the restaurant parking lot (she was at work on break). A few hours later, I recieved a call from one of my friends that worked at the same restaurant. He was telling me that the Cop had been called, shortly after I left. He could not tell me as to why they were there, only that my Ex's mother had called them. I don't know if my Ex's Mother and Brother-in-law pressured her into lieing about what happened in my car or what. My Ex's mother knew I hung out with her daughter, My ex's mother said I could come to her house to visit her daughter, see her at curch and work. They even invited me for Thanksgiving dinner. I havent heard or spoken to my Ex since this day.

My question: Why was I charged with "Contributing to the Delinquency" when I never gave my Ex any alcohol or tobacco? Is this just some Chumped Charge? If I plee guilty will time in jail be served? I have no prior charges. If I plea not-guilty will the sentence, if found guilty, be more than if i just plea not guilty?

I"M NOT GUILTY, i just want to resolve this ASAP

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
How long were you dating and what did you do when "hanging out"? Given that this event didn't occur in any of the places where they said that you could see her, I'd bet they're looking at something other than booze or smokes. Like - sexual interludes, truancy, sneaking around, etc.

MarsC

How long were you dating and what did you do when "hanging out"? Given that this event didn't occur in any of the places where they said that you could see her, I'd bet they're looking at something other than booze or smokes. Like - sexual interludes, truancy, sneaking around, etc.
I knew her for 4 weeks. When we were hanging out, we just talked! It did occur at one of the place I was allowed to see her, at work, she works at the resturant. There was no sexual interludes, at most a kiss from time to time, but she is at the age of consent so I didnt think a kiss would matter. We never went sneaking off... When I visited her at home, we sat on the trunk of my car and talked, never left the church (her niece was always with us), and I saw her for a make of 20 min when she had her break at work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">