• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the delinquency!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarsC

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I've been charged with contributing to the delinquency. I never gave the girl anything, this is just a crappy attempt to get me to stay away from the daughter.

I've never been in any type of legal trouble before, I don't even have a speeding ticket.
Why type of "punishment" am I looking at? Jail Time, Probation, Fines? Before this happened I was enlisting into the ARMY, The recruiter said I can still Enlist as long as I'm not put on Probation of any kind. If I speak with the judge at trial, or have my attorney speak with the judge at trial, informing the judge that I intend to Enlist would the Judge consisted a punishment other than probation to allow me to enlist?

JETX

Why type of "punishment" am I looking at? Jail Time, Probation, Fines? Before this happened I was enlisting into the ARMY, The recruiter said I can still Enlist as long as I'm not put on Probation of any kind. If I speak with the judge at trial, or have my attorney speak with the judge at trial, informing the judge that I intend to Enlist would the Judge consisted a punishment other than probation to allow me to enlist?
No one can guess what might happen. Ask your attorney, he is far more likely to have an idea than a bunch of strangers.

CdwJava

MarsC said:
I've been charged with contributing to the delinquency. I never gave the girl anything, this is just a crappy attempt to get me to stay away from the daughter.
"Crappy"? I'd say it has worked like a charm!

The long and short of it is when you hook up with a minor, and their parents do not approve, you can be in big trouble!

Talk to your attorney. It is likely that they can enter a deferred judgement of some kind to allow you in the army. Whether this is possible is something only your attorney can answer for you.

- Carl

MarsC

Ask your attorney, he is far more likely to have an idea than a bunch of strangers.
I've asked him over and over, All he ever tells me is Everything will be fine.
You'd think for 1500 bucks that guy could say a little more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">