• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marym747

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
I have a 16 yo step son who thinks he can charge me with contributing to the delinquency of a minor because I want him to get himself up in the morning instead of waiting on me to get him up. I get up and drive him to the bus stop at 6:30 am after having been up from approximately 4:30-5:30 getting my husband off to work.

seniorjudge

"BRAZIL METHOD"© and Patent Pending

This is really very simple.

You tell him that in 1 month, you're both going on a "father/son or mother/son vacation" to Brazil. How fun! And, that you're both going to take in the sights and local culture. That's the story you tell him.

Then, you take yourself and him to get your pictures taken for your Passports.

Then, after you get your Passports, you buy two tickets to Brazil - - a round trip ticket for you, and a one-way ticket for him. (starting to get the picture?)

You both fly to Brazil.

You get into a cab from the airport and go to the hotel where you've previously made room arrangements.

You get to the hotel and get to your rooms, but do not unpack your bags!

After getting him settled into his room, you take his Passport without letting him see you. You then tell him you're going to the gift shop for a magazine.

However, the reality is that you're going to the front desk with an envelope. In the envelope is two hundred dollars in Brazilian money, and your note to him - -

"Dear Sonnyboy: So, you think you're old enough to dislike me and Mom, and to give us continual trouble? Then you're old enough to take care of yourself. I hope you like your new home and country. New languages are fun to learn, aren't they? Here's $200.00 to get you started in life. Don't waste it. Love, Dad."

Have the hotel clerk deliver the envelope to his room.

Then, you turn on your heels, take your bags out of the hotel, hail a cab, and get back to the airport. Fly home.

Let Brazil take care of him.

IAAL

Posted without permission.

brisgirl825

Geez. :rolleyes: I was getting myself up in Elementary School.

Don't worry about it. Frankly I'd tell the kid, if he ain't up, he can walk to the bus stop.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
How about Dad gets the kid up and ready before he goes to work and you sleep in. Dad is also old enough to get himself up and ready for work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">