• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tesla15a

I live in California and my teenage sons 17 and 16 both smoke pot I dont agree with it and fight with them constantly.. I know when I work they do it at home and dont listen to me. Also my son will be 18 in 4 months and his gf is 18 almost 19. They said that I could go to jail for letting her be with him in my home because she has her marijuana card and because of the age ( hes on probation ) The police have charged me with Contributing to the delinquency of a minor and said I could do federal time! Is this true?

CdwJava

Federal time, no.

Contributing is a misdemeanor criminal offense ... time to engage a defense attorney.

Time to take back control in your home!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Who are "they"?

And I have to agree with CDW. Who is the parent here? And please, don't say you're a single Mom and what are you supposed to do when you have to work. They're teens. Etc. Many of us here have/had teens. Many of us are single parents. What consequences have you handed down when your boys have defied you? What consequences have you handed down now that they have put you in this position? Why do you allow the g/f over when you are not home?

lcarretero

My son is 15 and I caught him smoking pot....I put him on lock down for 30 day (time for it to leave his system) he now has to give me a drug test every 15 days. If it comes back dirty he goes on lock down for the rest if his life. I told him I will quit my job, go on welfare, and the only person he will have contact with is me. He has been clean for one year and I hope once he is 18 he wont go back to it...but he know when he is under my roof it is my laws.

CdwJava

My son is 15 and I caught him smoking pot....I put him on lock down for 30 day (time for it to leave his system) he now has to give me a drug test every 15 days. If it comes back dirty he goes on lock down for the rest if his life. I told him I will quit my job, go on welfare, and the only person he will have contact with is me. He has been clean for one year and I hope once he is 18 he wont go back to it...but he know when he is under my roof it is my laws.
That's a good policy, even after he is a legal adult. Your house, your rules ... or there's the front door!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">