• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contributing to the deliquincy of a minor(truancy)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggie45769

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
My kids missed school do to lice so they took us to court today.Me and my husband were chargedwith contributing.It is a first degree misdemeanor.We plead not guilty because its crazy.We are scared to death and looking for any info we can get...please!:eek:

Silverplum

My kids missed school do to lice so they took us to court today.Me and my husband were chargedwith contributing.It is a first degree misdemeanor.We plead not guilty because its crazy.We are scared to death and looking for any info we can get...please!:eek:
Do you have any medical records to prove your children had lice? Any receipts for treatments?

Did you not contact the school and tell them why your children were not in school?

How did it get this far?

quincy

Way more information is needed, maggie45769, to make sense of your situation.

Can you tell us how many days your kids have missed in school so far this school year?

Did you contact the school to let the school know your kids would be absent due to having lice?

What is the statute number under which you were charged?

(Silverplum beat me to it by one minute ;))

LdiJ

Way more information is needed, maggie45769, to make sense of your situation.

Can you tell us how many days your kids have missed in school so far this school year?

Did you contact the school to let the school know your kids would be absent due to having lice?

What is the statute number under which you were charged?

(Silverplum beat me to it by one minute ;))
Having been there, done that many many years ago I know that children are not even permitted back into school unless all bugs and nits are gone from their hair. So its REALLY unusual for truancy to factor in when that happens.

quincy

Having been there, done that many many years ago I know that children are not even permitted back into school unless all bugs and nits are gone from their hair. So its REALLY unusual for truancy to factor in when that happens.
I know. In our school district, there are school nurses who will do occasional "lice checks" (usually after one case of lice has been reported in a classroom) and students with lice will be sent home from school and will remain out of school until a doctor signs an "all clear" note.

I suspect there is far more to this story than maggie45769 has revealed to us so far. A first degree misdemeanor charge and a court hearing over a head lice absence? Not likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">