• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contributing to the delq. of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phantasy_Star

What is the name of your state? oklahoma

hi my name is nathan
this all started at my house we where having a early 21st bday party for my wife and her couson this happend on 10-13-2006 there 21 bday is 10-21-2006
there where people that where under 21 but over 18 i was inside when the cops showed up they where outsidde drinking my wife's couson was outside with his dad who is 40 but on probation for drug court and isnt aloud to drink or get in any kind of trouble so the cops get evvery1's id's but me and a few other's where inside they wanted us to come out a few of them wouldent i didnt want to at first but i did becouls of colins dad's probation thing ... they wrote me a ticket for contributing to the delq. of a minor im not to sure if i should fight this in court get a lawyer or just take it please giv advice

phantasy_Star

i dont know i was drinking myself in my house every1 else was outside drinking with there day but im just not sure if i should let it go pay eor try and get it droped i dont want that on my record

The Occultist

and when did adults over the age of 18 become minors??? isnt that contributing to persons under 21 not cdm?
No, the statutes regarding alcohol are written in a way to say that anybody under the age of 21 is a "minor" (in regards to alcohol), so if they are 20 and have alcohol, then they are a minor in possession of alcohol. Get it?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Please. You knew that the majority of your guests couldn't legally drink and you served them anyway. Take it like a man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">