• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cops confiscated e-cig from minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrhelpesuhcs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.
So I'm a minor and recently I got into a little trouble with the police. Long story short I ended up getting my bag searched and everything was confiscated, which included bottles of hard alcohol, weed, and other tobacco products. After all this occured, I was patted down and the cop took my refillable e-cig which was in my pocket. For those of you that don't know, a refillable e-cig will vaporize whatever chosen e-liquid (or herbs) you put in it, including liquids containing 0 nicotein. I'm also pretty sure that there's no law restricting minors from possessing vaporizers so long as they are not used for the consumption of tobacco, marijuana, or other illegal substances. But in the heat of the moment this thought really didn't cross my mind. (I have never used it for weed. It did have the liquid with nicotein in it but theres no way for them to tell, right?)

So I guess my question is if I waltz on down to the police station in my city (the cops were cops from my city) and ask for my e-cig back, what are they going to say? It cost me 50 bucks so I'm going to give it a shot if theres any possibility of getting it back.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're not getting it back, little one. And yes, if they want to, they can figure out it has nicotine in it. Oops.

ETA: LOL posting h/x.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/theft-liquor-601626.html#post3223553

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You're not getting it back, little one. And yes, if they want to, they can figure out it has nicotine in it. Oops.

ETA: LOL posting h/x.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/theft-liquor-601626.html#post3223553
Or marijuana. My guess is he wasn't using it for nicotine. he was using it for pot. Drugs do apparently make people stupid or only stupid people do illegal drugs -- see OP.

aardvarc

Being a druggie is expensive. Get used to it. Be prepared to loose anything associated with or with the potential for illicit use, when found on your person at the same time as illegal substances. You're not getting it back.

dave33

mrhelpesuhcs, Although the e-cig may be legal, it will not get returned along with anything else they took. You can make a stink about it if you want to, I advise against it. You must determine in life what battles are worth fighting.Is this worth a fight? goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">