• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corrupting a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edthehead

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
The law in question specifies that when one sex partner is underage and within a certain age limit, the crime is corrupting a minor which is a misdemeanor. If I understand correctly, the so called Romeo and Juliet reforms of 2007, which IMO have made Florida consent laws unintelligible, eliminated the existence of this law. Is this true?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
The law in question specifies that when one sex partner is underage and within a certain age limit, the crime is corrupting a minor which is a misdemeanor. If I understand correctly, the so called Romeo and Juliet reforms of 2007, which IMO have made Florida consent laws unintelligible, eliminated the existence of this law. Is this true?
If you are going to continue to ask questions about sex with minors, please keep them to a single thread, edthehead. Thank you.

Here are links to your previous threads:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/juvenile-law-90/children-having-sex-630193.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/consummation-630194.html

And here is a link to the laws that seem to concern you (scroll and click): http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0794/Sections/0794.011.html

Corruption of a minor, or contributing to the delinquency of a minor, can be charged along with sex crimes but these are separate laws with separate penalties. Here is a link: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0827/Sections/0827.04.html

WHY are you asking these questions, edthehead? Are you a parent, a student, an adult wanting to know if you can have sex with a minor, a minor wanting to know if you can have sex with an adult?

(as a note: FA is a business)

Last edited:

eerelations

WHY are you asking these questions, edthehead? Are you a parent, a student, an adult wanting to know if you can have sex with a minor, a minor wanting to know if you can have sex with an adult?
OP also wants to know if a marriage is consummated if the participants have sex prior to a marriage ceremony. He should keep this in the same thread too. (And explain what this has to do with parents calling the cops if they discover him having sex with someone in their house.)

quincy

OP also wants to know if a marriage is consummated if the participants have sex prior to a marriage ceremony. He should keep this in the same thread too. (And explain what this has to do with parents calling the cops if they discover him having sex with someone in their house.)
I know. Both threads were posted to this forum, as they were posted elsewhere (several other elsewheres).

edthehead will want to provide the reason for his questions and a few details if he wants responses that fit his situation.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
His MO is to post a question and then disappear, never to respond to anything he's asked.

I wonder what Ed's point is. Although his user name might suggest that his brain is not functioning up to it's potential due to certain substances he ingests or smokes.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I know. Both threads were posted to this forum, as they were posted elsewhere (several other elsewheres).

edthehead will want to provide the reason for his questions and a few details if he wants responses that fit his situation.
Hmmm.

Do you remember, a few years ago, a similarly-named poster who asked the same rephrased question over and over and over and over ... ?

(I think he was focused on med-mal though, iirc)

(and I think he specifically requested that you and I never answer his posts ... )

quincy

Hmmm.

Do you remember, a few years ago, a similarly-named poster who asked the same rephrased question over and over and over and over ... ?

(I think he was focused on med-mal though, iirc)

(and I think he specifically requested that you and I never answer his posts ... )
Hahaha. There were several posters in the past who used to request that neither you nor I answer any more of their posts. :p :D

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Hahaha. There were several posters in the past who used to request that neither you nor I answer any more of their posts. :p :D
*snort* I actually snorkled iced-tea there :D

We're ever so popular, you and I!

MVPs ;)

eerelations

His MO is to post a question and then disappear, never to respond to anything he's asked.

I wonder what Ed's point is. Although his user name might suggest that his brain is not functioning up to it's potential due to certain substances he ingests or smokes.
He did respond once on another site. Apparently he wants to screw the Republican party. :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The previous Ed didn't like my answers either.

I'm still trying to figure out, though, how the questions this Ed is asking are going to have any affect on either political party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">