• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered counseling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dobbiemom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Last year my then 16 year old daughter hit me. It was not the first time. It was the first time I did anything about it. I wish I had not. I feel like my husband and I have been on trial not her!! We have never been in any trouble and we have 2 other teen children who have not had a moments trouble. The judge ordered US to family counseling. We took our daughter and got her phychiatric help. She is still in it. I do o with her, however my husband does not. He works many hours and this is a hardship on our family. We know we are in contempt of an order, however our names were not on the order. It says family counseling but does not name us by name. My question is.... Is it constitutional to court order someone to go to counseling who has never been charged with a crime? The crime was on ME! And I am being punished. My daughter has a huge problem with authority and always has. We have paid 3 counseling bills for no-shows because at the last minute our daughter refused to go that day. What can we do? We can not push her in the car. That would be considered assault. I would love some advice about this. We are prepared to take this as far as we need to. thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">