• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

curfew?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juggalo mike

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm 16, i was just reading in another article that if you're 16 the police can't pick you up and bring you home. that was in ct though, i'm wondering what the law is like that in pa. I'm wondering because i'm grounded and seriously don't see the point of it. I've walked out on my mom before and she always threatens to call the police but never does but i'm curious what the consequences would be

CourtClerk

I don't know a teenager in the world that sees the point of being grounded.

Tell you what? Why don't you go get a good enough job to support yourself, then you can pay the high cost of rent, gas, electricity, food, clothing, cable, telephones etc.

If I were your mom, I'd be calling the police, but then if I were your mom, you wouldn't be brave enough to walk out the first time.

juggalo mike

"Now that she is 16 she can leave my house and cannot be forced to return unless she goes voluntarily. The police will not pick her up or/and cannot force her to come home. But they are very quick to remind me that I am legally and financially responsible until she is 18."

Facts please?

Shay-Pari'e

"Now that she is 16 she can leave my house and cannot be forced to return unless she goes voluntarily. The police will not pick her up or/and cannot force her to come home. But they are very quick to remind me that I am legally and financially responsible until she is 18."

Facts please?

So we have the kid AND her mom posting? Where on earth did you hear that a runaway cannot be picked up and returned home?

WOW! Sounds like the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Shay-Pari'e

Oh I see, so you as the Mom does not report her as a run-away! Golf clap on you your parenting skills!

If it were my kid, I'd be in my truck the moment they walked out of the house, and on the cell with the police.

juggalo mike

Facts please?

So we have the kid AND her mom posting? Where on earth did you hear that a runaway cannot be picked up and returned home?

Wow, you're a freaking idiot, did i not say in my first post THAT I READ IN A ANOTHER ARTICLE**************...can someone give me an unbiased opinion please!?!?!?!?!?!

CourtClerk

Facts please?

Shay...

I took the kids to see Shrek yesterday and I see that in Far Far Away land, they do things differently. Perhaps they live in Far Far Away land too.

Shay-Pari'e

I don't know a teenager in the world that sees the point of being grounded.

Tell you what? Why don't you go get a good enough job to support yourself, then you can pay the high cost of rent, gas, electricity, food, clothing, cable, telephones etc.

If I were your mom, I'd be calling the police, but then if I were your mom, you wouldn't be brave enough to walk out the first time.

Doesn't look like Momy dearest gives a crap, she is posting also.

CourtClerk

Wow, you're a freaking idiot, did i not say in my first post THAT I READ IN A ANOTHER ARTICLE**************...can someone give me an unbiased opinion please!?!?!?!?!?!
You...don't have the sense God gave a Billygoat and you have the NERVE...the unmitigated gall to call someone an idiot. Are you FOR REAL? At least she can leave the house without someone threatening to call the police...:D

Shay-Pari'e

Shay...

I took the kids to see Shrek yesterday and I see that in Far Far Away land, they do things differently. Perhaps they live in Far Far Away land too.

I saw Shreck at the River Walk mall in San Antonio with my *Oh so handsome Boot Camp Graduate*

Far Away land wasn't for me, so I left to buy him some gifts. (Don't worry, my daughter watched it with him).

This chick is unbelievabe.

juggalo mike

I'm not a chick, my name is mike. What the hell, no one on these forums has any respect, why dont you stop criticizing me and my parents and just tell me some facts or keep you're mouth shut.

juggalo mike

Shay, who do you think you're talking to..really? My name is mike, i'm 16, my mom is in bed sleeping, you are not talking to her, you are talking to me, all i want to know is can the police do anything if i walk out of my house without my parents consent. Yes i will be home for the night so what can they do. you two are on a whole different subject about parenting and all that, its getting annoying

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">