• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custodial interference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedaunts

What is the name of your state? georgia

hi, i am worried about my niece, she's 21, a lesbian. recently she has become friends with a 17yo girl, still in high school. the mother of the girl is threatening legal action if my niece doesn't leave her daughter alone. what type of legal ramifications could my niece face? thanks

BL

What is the name of your state? georgia

hi, i am worried about my niece, she's 21, a lesbian. recently she has become friends with a 17yo girl, still in high school. the mother of the girl is threatening legal action if my niece doesn't leave her daughter alone. what type of legal ramifications could my niece face? thanks
A restraing order for one thing .

Contributing to the deliquency of a minor , and possibly other charges .

Last edited:

worriedaunts

i think when they first met, the girl was 16. my niece doesn't believe that she can be charged with anything. i need to show her that she can be and that she needs to leave this girl alone. thanks for replying

Raptoer

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is probably a misdemeanor, but I would really rather not have it on my record. But that doesn't apply since the girl is over 17 (see above post).

As for what the mother can do, she can file for a restraining order. (She probably would have to show that there is a danger, or at least a good, valid reason)

If I was in your position, I would tell the niece that she should back off for a little, not end the relationship, and try to show the mother that she is a good person (assuming she is!). Having a major falling out with your mother over the person you love (or sexual orientation) is something that really should be avoided, lest it is regretted later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">