• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody laws in KY and OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohiolady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? We all live in OHIO!! My sister got into some trouble in KY. She was sent to prison while she was 8 months pregnant. She gave birth while in custody. My mom was allowed to pick up the baby and was given power of attorney. My mom then went to get babies Social security card and was told no because she didnt have custody. She then contacted my sister and told her. My sister sent her a paper notarized saying my mom had temp. custody of the baby. Now i want to go get custody of the baby as she has been with me this whole time minus a few days she spent with my mom. I have called both the juvenile court in the county i live and the one where my mom lives and the prison trying to find out where i should file custody? I still have no idea what to do?? any ideas?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? We all live in OHIO!! My sister got into some trouble in KY. She was sent to prison while she was 8 months pregnant. She gave birth while in custody. My mom was allowed to pick up the baby and was given power of attorney. My mom then went to get babies Social security card and was told no because she didnt have custody. She then contacted my sister and told her. My sister sent her a paper notarized saying my mom had temp. custody of the baby. Now i want to go get custody of the baby as she has been with me this whole time minus a few days she spent with my mom. I have called both the juvenile court in the county i live and the one where my mom lives and the prison trying to find out where i should file custody? I still have no idea what to do?? any ideas?

You cannot sign over custody with a notarized piece of paper. It must be done through the courts.

Where is the father?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In addition to the question regarding where is the father, in what county does the child live? For how long? How old is the baby? The court cannot give you legal advice. But you can start by going to the supreme court of Ohio website and reading the rules of juvenile procedure and the statutes regarding custody under 2151.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">