• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cyberbullying charges in North Carolina?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahahartley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

A girl is accusing me of cyber-bullying? She is accusing me because I apparently wrote several tweets and facebook statuses that she thinks were referring to her in a harsh light. I did not refer to her by name, they weren't sent to her, no one could have possibly known they were about her, I did not reveal any personal information that could be placed to her, nor did I physically threaten her. Can I still have charges pressed against me? She is 17 and I am 16.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

A girl is accusing me of cyber-bullying? She is accusing me because I apparently wrote several tweets and facebook statuses that she thinks were referring to her in a harsh light. I did not refer to her by name, they weren't sent to her, no one could have possibly known they were about her, I did not reveal any personal information that could be placed to her, nor did I physically threaten her. Can I still have charges pressed against me? She is 17 and I am 16.
Possibly, yes.

ahahartley

@OhioGal why so? On her side she has been sending text messages directly to my phone from her's threatening to beat me up and I have a witness that has overheard her speaking to her friends about how she wants to "kick my ass." All of the messages have been saved and I only responded with "the next time you text me I'll go to the police." That is harassment that can be clearly proven.

Antigone*

@OhioGal why so? On her side she has been sending text messages directly to my phone from her's threatening to beat me up and I have a witness that has overheard her speaking to her friends about how she wants to "kick my ass." All of the messages have been saved and I only responded with "the next time you text me I'll go to the police." That is harassment that can be clearly proven.
I think your parents should be told about your behaviour and keep you safe from "harassment" charges by removing you from Facebook.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Because based strictly on what you stated it was a possibility. There was no information about what you stated and no information about anything else such as what you wrote above until now. When you give vague information, you get a vague answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">