• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ihaveaquestion7

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Okay so, I am 17 and I will be turning 18 December 9. My g/f is 15 and turns 16 March 7. First off, am I allowed to be with her now? What about when i turn 18? Am I allowed to have sex with her now? What about when I turn 18? What are the laws on that? I'm not sure really what other information you may need so if you need more please reply and tell me so. Thank you for your time.

If you are having sex with a 15 year old even now you could be setting yourself up for trouble. I doubt legal age of consent is 15 however it could be 16. Someone here I am sure will post the consent age but again having sex with a 15 year old regardless of your being under 18 could land you in trouble

Bretagne

In Pennsylvania:

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.
Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

I think you're OK based on http://www.ageofconsent.com/pennsylvania.htm, but I'm not an attorney in Pennsylvania so I don't know for sure.

JETX

First off, am I allowed to be with her now? What about when i turn 18?
Depends entirely on what you mean by "with her".
There is nothing illegal or improper about your having a friendship or even dating (if her parents allow it).

If you mean to have sexual relations, at 15, you could face criminal charges.
And even though the age of consent is 16 in PA.... you had better be prepared for a pile of trouble from her parents... and possible OTHER criminal charges.
Hope her dad doesn't own a shotgun!!

Grow up and don't have sex with children.

Ihaveaquestion7

well, my dads an attorney, and i asked him, but he didn't know, hes bankruptcy...

but well, i got over to her house about 4 times a week and hold regular convorsations with her parents. they like me. my g/f some times jokes that they like me more than her. her parents are completely ok with it. for example. tonight, we were downstairs in her basement lights out and her dad came down, turned on light, did something, said hi, went upstairs, turned off the lights and closed the door. to me that says trust and that he likes me.

when i say "be with her" i mean be involved a sexual, intimate, and personal relationship.

but minus all things reguarding things from her parents, what is the law on this? does she have to be 16 in order for me to do all of this? even tho right now im 17? or when i turn 18 is it illegal until shes 16?

thanks for the help

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As I said on another thread, all the age of consent does is take statutory rape off the table. It doesn't mean there are no charges at all that can be filed.

And the father trusting you (and it sounds like more fool he) does not mean he approves of your having sex with his underage daughter. In fact, if he does approve it, he can share your jail cell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">