• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating Questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Namani

Hey, I've had a question that has been bothering me for a while. So I am a sixteen year old girl, living in Nebraska, considering dating a nineteen year old guy (who is soon to be twenty). I've been doing my best to take the Age Of Consent laws into consideration through everything, but I've been bothered by a lot of things. I realize the Law Of Consent says you must be seventeen years old in order to agree to have sex legally, but with this dating thing going on, I don't plan on even getting into sex with him. I think sex before marriage is absolutely wrong, as does he. I've considered also the possibility that he could "control" me, as most older men do with younger women, but I've talked to the younger women he has dated, and they said he was not a controlling guy at all, and treated them very well. We both have similar personalities, and are both on fire when it comes to our Christian religion. Also, my mindstate is much more mature than most girls my age. So I've been in a sort of inner battle with myself for a while. I've had extremely deep feelings for him for around a year, and now that I have a chance to release those feelings, I'm just doing my best to find the right decision.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">