• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCFS teen runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anonymous397240

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hello. I am currently a ward of the state with DCFS. I ran away when I was younger and am now the age of majority (an adult). I do however have a missing persons/ endangered teen warrant. I would like to know how I could rid myself of this warrant without being brought back into the "system"
to live at another foster home or residential treatment center. I want to move on and get a job but most jobs require social security and run checks which makes me nervous. I want to show my independence without their assistance. Any help / tips / suggestions would be nice.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hello. I am currently a ward of the state with DCFS. I ran away when I was younger and am now the age of majority (an adult). I do however have a missing persons/ endangered teen warrant. I would like to know how I could rid myself of this warrant without being brought back into the "system"
to live at another foster home or residential treatment center. I want to move on and get a job but most jobs require social security and run checks which makes me nervous. I want to show my independence without their assistance. Any help / tips / suggestions would be nice.
How have you survived thus far? :confused:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
If you are indeed an adult (18 years of age or older) then why would you be going back into the foster system?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">