• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death threat? help me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpASAP

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hello, I don't know if I would be considered an adult at 17, but I think I am.

I am scared, and i didn't really mean to cause this much trouble. I stay at home and i am not a violent person at all.

My ex boyfriend called me after 3 1/2 months and asked for his belonging back.

He then told me if i didn't let him come over and get them. He would come over and get them himself. I got really angered at this. I don't like being threatened. I went and got a pair of scissors cut his stuff up, took a pic and sent it to him, telling him if he broke in my house i wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

That's when the trouble started. I got a msg on my phone from his dad saying he is reporting me to the sheriff b/c i said i wouldn't hesitate to kill his son.

Is that a death threat? how much trouble can i get in for this? I am scared!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
needhelpASAP said:
i said i wouldn't hesitate to kill his son.

Is that a death threat?
Surely at 17, you know the answer to this question.

And yes, you should be scared.

S

shell007

needhelpASAP said:
Why should I be scared? It seems like you can't give people answers to their questions.
So then why did you post a question here. OBVIOUSLY...YOU ARE SCARED, and then you reply with "WHY SHOULD I BE SCARED"! :rolleyes:

Additionally: I think it would be considered "self defense" IF he did break into your house. Chances are the sheriff is going to see this as a teenage lover's quarrel!

Just Blue

needhelpASAP said:
Why should I be scared? It seems like you can't give people answers to their questions.

She did answer you question....You could be prosecuted for what you did...And your the one that said how scared you were in your first post...as you should be..;)

S

shell007

baystategirl said:
She did answer you question....You could be prosecuted for what you did...And your the one that said how scared you were in your first post...as you should be..;)
Hi Bay!

We were posting at the same time. I don't think this will go very far. I could be wrong, but this is just s**t kids do.

Wolflmg

needhelpASAP said:

This is just one of the things your going to have to learn about life. People say a lot of things, whether their angry or jokeing around, or whatever. But sometimes, the things we say, depending upon what they are can be taken very seriously.

Back when I was in highschool, a straight A, very bright kid, jokeingly made a comment to schoolmates, saying that he was going to bring a gun or bomb the school. Someone over heard it and they took it very serious and told the principle, which got the cops involved. The kid ended up gettin expelled from the school. Everyone hated doing it becasue he was one of the top in his class, but what he said was serious matter, even if he only meant it as a joke.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
needhelpASAP said:
Let's see.... your ex-b/f calls and asks about getting his stuff back. Your first reaction is to destroy it, send him photos of what you did and tell him you'd kill him if he came to get his stuff. Gee - what a shock that people don't take kindly to being threatened.

You're a loose cannon, chickie. Replace his stuff and get a clue.

outonbail

needhelpASAP said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hello, I don't know if I would be considered an adult at 17, but I think I am.

I am scared, and i didn't really mean to cause this much trouble. I stay at home and i am not a violent person at all.

My ex boyfriend called me after 3 1/2 months and asked for his belonging back.

He then told me if i didn't let him come over and get them. He would come over and get them himself. I got really angered at this. I don't like being threatened. I went and got a pair of scissors cut his stuff up, took a pic and sent it to him, telling him if he broke in my house i wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

That's when the trouble started. I got a msg on my phone from his dad saying he is reporting me to the sheriff b/c i said i wouldn't hesitate to kill his son.

Is that a death threat? how much trouble can i get in for this? I am scared!
One thing's for sure, you can expect to be served papers for a civil case. Since you have nailed shut the coffin which held any chance of you prevailing, I'd advise you start saving up all your $ so you can pay the penalty for acting on your emotions.

Just Blue

shellandty said:
Hi Bay!

We were posting at the same time. I don't think this will go very far. I could be wrong, but this is just s**t kids do.
Hi Shelly...:)
I said could be prosecuted....not would....but I think she will have a civil suit for the damaged property...:cool:

Guam is right...this girl is crazy...:eek: Mom and Dad must be so proud...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">