• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferred entry of judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yahoo

What is the name of your state? ca

whats deferred entry of judgement, i admitted to 2 counts and avoided a trial, is that deferred entry of judgement?

JETX

yahoo said:
whats deferred entry of judgement, i admitted to 2 counts and avoided a trial, is that deferred entry of judgement?
Simply, you were given a form of probation. If you abide by the terms, the judgment against you will be dismissed.

yahoo

JETX said:
Simply, you were given a form of probation. If you abide by the terms, the judgment against you will be dismissed.
i admitted to the charges already, does it mean im getting DEJ or do i have to wait til probations over then seal it

garrula lingua

You have to plead guilty in order to be given DEJ.

Unfortunately for you, this means that if you violate, you will immediately be sentenced;
if you complete the drug program, pay the probation costs & court fines & do not vioolate any laws, then, in 18 months, the court can term/dismiss your case.

After the court granted DEJ, you should have been ordered to report to Probation (usu within 48 or 72 hours of sentencing). The court will advise which probation office (not always the closest).

...are you sure you were granted DEJ ?
Were you sent to Probation ?
What did your atty tell you ? Call the PD and ask what happened (I assume you had the Public Defender). ...Did they send you to Probaton for a pre-qualification for DEJ?

Don't sit and wait for someone to contact you - get off your butt and find out what happened to you in court. Once you plead, you have to take care not to violate any of the terms of probation. 'I didn't know' isn't going to work for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">