• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delinquent conduct in Texas as opposed to Gross Misdemeanor in WA (Juvenile offense)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

james1111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Delinquent conduct in Texas as opposed to Gross Misdemeanor in WA (Juvenile offense)

I was charged in WA as a minor with Malicious Mischief 3 (destruction of stolen property not exceeding $750) which is considered a gross misdemeanor and at least for an adult, carries a maximum of 5000 fine and 1 year prison. It was handled as a deferred adjudication and will soon (but not quite soon enough) be sealed.

Now about 12 years later I am an adult in TX and for a licensure they say I can omit juvenile deferred adjudications from my application unless it was a Delinquent Conduct charge which is a jailable offense.

Would my Mal Mischief 3 in WA as a juvenile be considered jailable, or Delinquent Conduct in TX?

FlyingRon

Here's the Texas definition:
(a) Delinquent conduct is:
(1) conduct, other than a traffic offense, that
violates a penal law of this state or of the United States
punishable by imprisonment or by confinement in jail;​

Definitely sounds like what you had fits the definition.

CavemanLawyer

I suspect that FlyingRon is right on the money but can you please just post the exact language as it is written on your application? What you wrote doesn't make any sense. There is no such thing as a juvenile deferred adjudication in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">