• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dependency court hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

axl4u2000

What is the name of your state? California

I received a letter from the county of riverside regarding a dependency hearing on the matter of someone elses minors. One of the parents is an old girlfriend of mine that I have not heard from in about 3 years and I belive my name was provided by her to the police/social worker when her kids were taken away for child abuse.
Now, my question is do I have to go to this hearing? I have no kids with her and i really dont know why in gods name my name was included in this matter.
what can i do? please help.

CdwJava

axl4u2000 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I received a letter from the county of riverside regarding a dependency hearing on the matter of someone elses minors. One of the parents is an old girlfriend of mine that I have not heard from in about 3 years and I belive my name was provided by her to the police/social worker when her kids were taken away for child abuse.
Now, my question is do I have to go to this hearing? I have no kids with her and i really dont know why in gods name my name was included in this matter.
what can i do? please help.
Call them and ask why you are being called.

It might be that you are being called as a witness because your name came up as a possible witness to her character or the treatment of the children.

Call them.

- Carl

axl4u2000

the only way my name will come up is if she provided it to social services/police. I havent heard from her in almost 4 years and there are no records of my being with her. we just lived together for 2 months and she left because she was doing fraud to the walfare and i did not want anything to do with that.
maybe payback?

CdwJava

axl4u2000 said:
the only way my name will come up is if she provided it to social services/police. I havent heard from her in almost 4 years and there are no records of my being with her. we just lived together for 2 months and she left because she was doing fraud to the walfare and i did not want anything to do with that.
maybe payback?
Call them and ask.

Keep in mind that while you likely do not HAVE to go the hearing, if you fail to do so and it does involve an allegation of support against you, you may find yourself on the receiving end of a support demand!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">