• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Guardian Needs Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bby

:( New York
I am the legal guardian of a 14 yr old girl. She has lived with us for 2 1/2 yrs. Things started out ok, we thought we were rescuing her from an abusive situation after her father died. For the last year things have slowly gone down hill. She has become more verbally abusive and physically abusive. I have never experienced this before and did not know how to handle it. Now things are out of hand and I want to have her commited to a mental hospital. She is in therapy and under the care of a Psychiatrist but he doesn't see her manic episodes. He thinks she is depressed. He only sees her once every 6 weeks.
Several professionals agree with me that she is dangerous to our family and my daughter but I can't get anyone to help.
I plan to revoke my guardianship rights but the courts say it will take a while to get her placed somewhere else.
Anythoughts on what to do???
DeperateWhat is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

UMM, what is wrong with this picture?

Troll Alert!

bby
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2007

How much trouble am I in?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? NY
I am 15 an will be 16 in Aug. I have been a ward of the state for 2 years now and in a school for juveniles. I recently got in trouble when home on a visit. Hung out with wrong boy and got in trouble with him, I did't do the thing but did'nt stop him either and went along. They decided to send me to an unlimited security facility. I got scared, terrified and ran. What happens if I go back and turn myself in?
Can my parents stop them from sending me away?
Please help me I am scared and desperate.

There are other posts by her as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">