• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DFCS and my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tru2blu

ah come on people..she makes her own yogurt. she is a good mother. ahhahaha

dont know how a judge could give a child to a parent that doesnt properly supervise him.

outonbail

I didn’t know I had my head in the clouds.
I was thinking it was stuck in a little darker, musky sort of spot.
I have installed locks on both exit doors that are of my own invention,
While your son was in the custody of DFCS, you were able to invent a new entry door lock for the home?
since I could find nothing suitable on the market.
This is absolutely ludicrous! Didn't you have any locks on the doors to your home before this incident? A deadbolt installed well above your son's reach wouldn't be considered suitable while providing additional security from break-ins at the same time?

They are hook& latch like on a gate. There is a pull cord on the other side of the door, so it is operable from either side.
Oh, you didn't invent a lock, you installed a gate lock on your doors. Well you can't beat the price of a gate latch. Not sure how much aesthetic value you add by installing one on a entrance door and drilling a hole through it for the string to hang out of. I had one of these cheap a$$ locks on my back gate and I had to replace it with a better design because my dogs figured out how to pop it open whenever they wanted to go out on a hunting journey,,,
And the best part is, its spring loaded, so it locks every time the door closes.
Wow, that is unique. I guess the only issue that needs to be addressed now, is being sure the door gets closed. Well that and stopping the neighborhood children who like to play in your yard, from pulling on the outside string and thereby releasing curious George.

So that I can keep a better eye on him, I have purchased a TV and DVD player for the upstairs living room.
Oh yes, the all American electronic babysitter and educational tool! With remote no doubt,,,,

Other than that, I don’t know how I can make his life safer.
Proper supervision is the first thing that pops into my mind,,,, the human kind,,,, I always thought that would add more of a personal touch to child safety than door strings or even the old Zenith.

We spend a good bit of time outside everyday. I started gardening cuz we were out there so much, and now it is my passion.
Tell me you didn't actually hand this letter to the judge with ghetto language in his copy? "Cuz" that would be,,, well ghetto!
I know you probably think I am exaggerating, but George has never left the property when someone is outside with him.
See, there's that human supervision I was referring to. But you need to be concerned about when no one is outside with him,,,,, or is the Zenith mounted on rough terrain casters?

Even when all the kids are playing across the street, he will stand just off the road and watch them, and sometimes ask me to take him over. but most of the kids in our neighborhood like to play in our yard most of the time.
I know how this works, when I was a kid we all hung out in Bobby's yard. His mom never bothered us or interrupted our adventures. Although she did get pretty upset that time we peeked in her bedroom window and saw her playing doctor with Bobby's music teacher,,,,

I never thought he would leave the yard. He hadn’t don’t that in a very long time.
What do you consider a very long time? I mean the kid has only been traveling upright for one and a half to two years.

The day in question, he was upset because Grandpa Don took my van. He was so upset, I think he knew it was never coming back.
This statement speaks volumes,,,, starting with, "Next time put one of those gate latches on the garage". Only with a pad lock rather than a string. This way relatives can't repo their vehicles so easily!

Grandma and I were taking him to get his hair cut, but he wouldn’t stop saying that he wanted to find Grandpa and the van, and he wanted to give Grandpa a ticket. We turned around and came back home. He was in a state so I put him in his room with some milk.
It is tough when having the family vehicle repo'd by a relative, sends a three year old boy into a state. I always thought it was a parents dysfunctional emotional display that caused that state of child confusion,,,,

Half an hour passed. I thought he was asleep. But when I went to check, he asked very nicely, if he could watch TV. So I took him down, and turned on his favorite Blues Clues, but I neglected to lock the door, mostly because I thought Mom was still there.
You are easily distracted aren't you? Maybe buying a GPS system for tracking mommy and a leash to teather down curious George is the answer?

He must have snuck out right away, cuz around 20-30 minutes later he came home with a police man.
Not real sure on these details huh? Well, I know this is asking an awful lot of you, but perhaps if you were to physically check on your son every ten or fifteen minutes, rather than once or twice an hour, you would have less police knocking on your door?

Apparently that policeman said that I showed no concern when I was informed that my son was found in the highway. I don’t know what sort of reaction would have satisfied him
I'll bet one of concern would have done the trick!

George is a good boy. I’m sure his character will speak for me.
Hey, someone's got to be the roll model,,,,

But I would like to mention a few things that make me a good mom.
I can already tell that this is where the BS is going to start getting deep!

I have dedicated the last 4 years to raising him. And although before he came, I didn’t drink much (as compared to my wild youth) I never drank again after he was born.
After he was conceived would have been preferable, but hey, you were still learning, you just stepped off the "wild youth roller coaster"

I have a new life now. I garden. I sew. I make my own yogurt. We eat organic and one day I will grow most of it myself. We have a good life.
Please tell me you throw the boy a steak once in a while?

George went thru a phase about a year ago, where he would go exploring without telling anyone. I would be working in the garden or something while he played quietly. He would just walk away. The furthest we ever found him was probably the same distance as the incident in question (200 yards)
That phase is very common, it is called learning how to walk, followed by learning how to run, followed by hiding from mommy.
We all started watching him especially well and I installed a lock on the downstairs door that I fashioned myself that could be operated from either side.
Is this "fashioned lock" a different lock than the gate lock you "invented"? So it also had the unique feature of being able to open it from either side of the door huh? Did that lock utilize a string, or the knob?
But George never wandered off again. In fact he would never even leave the yard, even when all the neighborhood kids where out.
I truly believe that this incident was an isolated one. Not at all related to his previous wanderings. He was adamant about finding Grandpa.
Unbelievable, that's all I can say,,,,,,
Well that and, you better go see where George is right this minute, it's been almost thirty minutes by now hasn't it?

Just Blue

I was thinking it was stuck in a little darker, musky sort of spot.

While your son was in the custody of DFCS, you were able to invent a new entry door lock for the home?
This is absolutely ludicrous! Didn't you have any locks on the doors to your home before this incident? A deadbolt installed well above your son's reach wouldn't be considered suitable while providing additional security from break-ins at the same time?

Oh, you didn't invent a lock, you installed a gate lock on your doors. Well you can't beat the price of a gate latch. Not sure how much aesthetic value you add by installing one on a entrance door and drilling a hole through it for the string to hang out of. I had one of these cheap a$$ locks on my back gate and I had to replace it with a better design because my dogs figured out how to pop it open whenever they wanted to go out on a hunting journey,,,
Wow, that is unique. I guess the only issue that needs to be addressed now, is being sure the door gets closed. Well that and stopping the neighborhood children who like to play in your yard, from pulling on the outside string and thereby releasing curious George.

Oh yes, the all American electronic babysitter and educational tool! With remote no doubt,,,,

Proper supervision is the first thing that pops into my mind,,,, the human kind,,,, I always thought that would add more of a personal touch to child safety than door strings or even the old Zenith.

Tell me you didn't actually hand this letter to the judge with ghetto language in his copy? "Cuz" that would be,,, well ghetto! See, there's that human supervision I was referring to. But you need to be concerned about when no one is outside with him,,,,, or is the Zenith mounted on rough terrain casters?

I know how this works, when I was a kid we all hung out in Bobby's yard. His mom never bothered us or interrupted our adventures. Although she did get pretty upset that time we peeked in her bedroom window and saw her playing doctor with Bobby's music teacher,,,,

What do you consider a very long time? I mean the kid has only been traveling upright for one and a half to two years.

This statement speaks volumes,,,, starting with, "Next time put one of those gate latches on the garage". Only with a pad lock rather than a string. This way relatives can't repo their vehicles so easily!

It is tough when having the family vehicle repo'd by a relative, sends a three year old boy into a state. I always thought it was a parents dysfunctional emotional display that caused that state of child confusion,,,,

You are easily distracted aren't you? Maybe buying a GPS system for tracking mommy and a leash to teather down curious George is the answer?

Not real sure on these details huh? Well, I know this is asking an awful lot of you, but perhaps if you were to physically check on your son every ten or fifteen minutes, rather than once or twice an hour, you would have less police knocking on your door?

I'll bet one of concern would have done the trick!

Hey, someone's got to be the roll model,,,,

I can already tell that this is where the BS is going to start getting deep!

After he was conceived would have been preferable, but hey, you were still learning, you just stepped off the "wild youth roller coaster"

Please tell me you throw the boy a steak once in a while?

That phase is very common, it is called learning how to walk, followed by learning how to run, followed by hiding from mommy.
Is this "fashioned lock" a different lock than the gate lock you "invented"? So it also had the unique feature of being able to open it from either side of the door huh? Did that lock utilize a string, or the knob?
Unbelievable, that's all I can say,,,,,,
Well that and, you better go see where George is right this minute, it's been almost thirty minutes by now hasn't it?
I could spend all day reading post by you and CLT...But since I haven't installed hook-n-string latch on my doors I better not...I wouldn't want the Staties to have bring my lil' curious Georgette home...;):p

snowshuze

My name is Angela Carley. The date is 31 August 2008.
3 days ago my son was taken into protective custody after he was found alone on a busy highway. And after it was learned that he had a history of running away.
This is my testimony to assure the courts that I have done and will do, everything in my power to keep this from happening again.
First off, let me express my gratitude for this whole situation. I didn’t know I had my head in the clouds. My son is such a responsible and independent little guy, sometimes I take that for granted. I am grateful for the opportunity at a second chance. I don’t think I could survive the loss of my son. Thank you to the lady in the Hummer (I’m sorry, I forgot your name) for being a good driver and good soul and saving my son’s life. This whole experience is a lesson much needed, and will not be forgotten by either of us, I’m sure.

I have tried to make the best of his absence, and kept busy to ease my pain.

I have installed locks on both exit doors that are of my own invention, since I could find nothing suitable on the market. They are hook& latch like on a gate. There is a pull cord on the other side of the door, so it is operable from either side. And the best part is, its spring loaded, so it locks every time the door closes. He wont be going outside without an adult for at least a couple more years.

So that I can keep a better eye on him, I have purchased a TV and DVD player for the upstairs living room. He usually watches in the downstairs living room.

Other than that, I don’t know how I can make his life safer. We spend a good bit of time outside everyday. I started gardening cuz we were out there so much, and now it is my passion. I know you probably think I am exaggerating, but George has never left the property when someone is outside with him. (except he takes a turn around the mailbox to get from the driveway to the yard and vice versa rather than taking the stairs, but he doesn’t go out in the road. Even when all the kids are playing across the street, he will stand just off the road and watch them, and sometimes ask me to take him over. but most of the kids in our neighborhood like to play in our yard most of the time.
That’s why this came a such a shock., I never thought he would leave the yard. He hadn’t don’t that in a very long time.
The day in question, he was upset because Grandpa Don took my van. He was so upset, I think he knew it was never coming back. Grandma and I were taking him to get his hair cut, but he wouldn’t stop saying that he wanted to find Grandpa and the van, and he wanted to give Grandpa a ticket. We turned around and came back home. He was in a state so I put him in his room with some milk. He was quiet from the start. Half an hour passed. I thought he was asleep. But when I went to check, he asked very nicely, if he could watch TV. So I took him down, and turned on his favorite Blues Clues, but I neglected to lock the door, mostly because I thought Mom was still there. I didn’t know that she went out again.

He must have snuck out right away, cuz around 20-30 minutes later he came home with a police man.

Apparently that policeman said that I showed no concern when I was informed that my son was found in the highway. I don’t know what sort of reaction would have satisfied him, but he sure was trying to get a reaction out of me. When he repeated the words that were ripping out my heart for the fourth time, I looked him in the eye and told him that I understood. That’s probably not the reaction he likes to see.
I was in shock. I just kept looking at my little boy, knowing that I could have just lost him. Perhaps they were expecting me to scold George or give him a spanking. I don’t know. George was enjoying the 3 ring circus, nothing I said to him was registering. That’s a private thing anyhow. I would never scold him in front of so many people.

George is a good boy. I’m sure his character will speak for me. But I would like to mention a few things that make me a good mom.

I have dedicated the last 4 years to raising him. And although before he came, I didn’t drink much (as compared to my wild youth) I never drank again after he was born.
I have a new life now. I garden. I sew. I make my own yogurt. We eat organic and one day I will grow most of it myself. We have a good life.
George went thru a phase about a year ago, where he would go exploring without telling anyone. I would be working in the garden or something while he played quietly. He would just walk away. The furthest we ever found him was probably the same distance as the incident in question (200 yards) but he went through some back yards and was found in the cul-de-sac of the next street.
We all started watching him especially well and I installed a lock on the downstairs door that I fashioned myself that could be operated from either side. But George never wandered off again. In fact he would never even leave the yard, even when all the neighborhood kids where out.
I truly believe that this incident was an isolated one. Not at all related to his previous wanderings. He was adamant about finding Grandpa. I will take him more seriously next time.

The mind. It boggles.
Not legal advice, but please.... tear up this letter and VOLUNTARILY take some parenting classes?
Oh...and hire a locksmith.

outonbail

Wow, I just looked at that link,,,, stranger than I even imagined.

But as far as where the father of this child is, I think the caravan of gypsies traveling around Mexico explains why no father figure is in the picture. Identifying who the father actually is, can be compared to eating a can of beans and trying to figure out which one made you fart!

Just Blue

Wow, I just looked at that link,,,, stranger than I even imagined.

But as far as where the father of this child is, I think the caravan of gypsies traveling around Mexico explains why no father figure is in the picture. Identifying who the father actually is, can be compared to eating a can of beans and trying to figure out which one made you fart!
lol!!

I really feel bad for this child...Clearly this mother is living in her own little universe and the poor boy will be in immense danger if she were to retain custody. Poor kid...:(

swrdmbo

"Identifying who the father actually is, can be compared to eating a can of beans and trying to figure out which one made you fart!"

OMG!!! I have never heard that one before! That is hilarious!!!(and one I am committing to memory!!)

branman1971

Child Proof Door Knob Covers

I'm not sure, but I believe I have seen these knobs that slip over the doorknobs and little kids can't squeeze the cover enough to turn the knob underneath. Ever consider these things?

Actually, is this entire post even real? I mean, come on...

I'm not sure, but I believe I have seen these knobs that slip over the doorknobs and little kids can't squeeze the cover enough to turn the knob underneath. Ever consider these things?
I've seen the white ones that are like you describe. I've even seen adults struggle with them, so our little wanderer here would be up against quite a match if she installed those!

But isn't this all irrelevant?? I mean if she can make her own yogurt (I'm incredibly curious as to her process on this) AND "invent" locks, she should simply patent both and use the proceeds to hire a babysitter! Then again, maybe junior is running away from the horrendous yogurt (or perhaps the vagrant gypsies that might still visit). :rolleyes:

Un-freakin-believable.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Making yoghurt is actually quite simple - just start with a good starter, and 12 hours later, voila, it's yoghurt.

Apparently, she's missing the "common sense" gene.

Making yoghurt is actually quite simple - just start with a good starter, and 12 hours later, voila, it's yoghurt.

Well sure, if you want to make normal yogurt! After reading her meetup.com profile and seeing her interest in withcraft I was half-expecting some of the ingredients to be eye of newt or wart of toad, or something along those lines ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">