• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I break the law in asking a teen girl for a photo of her in a bikini top & jeans?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

click

Did I break the law in asking a teen girl for a photo of her in a bikini top & jeans?

Texas
On facebook, I offered a 14 year old photo-editing services if she'd send me a bikini top and jeans pic. she expressed interest in modeling, and I thought if she could do so, it could help me gauge how ready she is since she had no money for paying for editing a pic. Mom comes on and tells me " if you don't stop sending her ways to take pictures, I'm going to call the police on you and press charges has a sexual harassment. We already have your stuff down, her dad already wants to call the police." I never asked for any nudes nor lingerie just that one pic. I had sent several messages persuading her that she's beautiful and model-worthy in hindsight, grooming, but never anything personal/sexual.

Proserpina

Texas
On facebook, I offered a 14 year old photo-editing services if she'd send me a bikini top and jeans pic. she expressed interest in modeling, and I thought if she could do so, it could help me gauge how ready she is since she had no money for paying for editing a pic. Mom comes on and tells me " if you don't stop sending her ways to take pictures, I'm going to call the police on you and press charges has a sexual harassment. We already have your stuff down, her dad already wants to call the police." I never asked for any nudes nor lingerie just that one pic. I had sent several messages persuading her that she's beautiful and model-worthy in hindsight, grooming, but never anything personal/sexual.

Let me ask you something.

Why wasn't the first and ONLY thing you answered to her query, "Please have one of your parents contact me at <phone number>"?

Are you claiming to be a professional?

Eekamouse

Not a professional unless pedophiles can be qualified as such. How many other young girls has this guy approached with similar requests? OP, you should be expecting a visit from your local police to discuss your online activities.

Proserpina

Not a professional unless pedophiles can be qualified as such. How many other young girls has this guy approached with similar requests? OP, you should be expecting a visit from your local police to discuss your online activities.

Phew - for a minute, Eekz, I thought I was way behind the times and crazy.

When I was in my teens, we had a well-known model agency come to a much bigger town a few miles away and they were scouting. Of course me and my friends dressed up in our best lace gloves, frosted hair and leg-warmers along with orange foundation and all the rest of it. And of course once we got there we were told to wash our faces (and I tell you, blue eyeliner and green mascara - I kid you not - is a pita to remove on the fly!). We were also told that if we didn't have a parent present that we had to go home, and that we did not have to pay for any photographs and that if you were genuinely considered "model" material, you should not have to pay for an expensive portfolio with any decent agency.

Turns out they were right then, just as they are today.

:cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Texas
I've gotta say that if some little twerp was hassling my 14yo for photos to "edit"? Said twerp would be learning how to photoshop with his toes as his fingers would be magmangled beyond recognition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">