• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distributing Alchol to Minors.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mantra Locust

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

Over Memorial Day weekend I went out to the river with a few friends that just graduated. We ended up getting surrounded by cops and now I'm facing 5 counts of Distributing alcohol to a minor. 2 was 18+. 3 was under 18. I'm really freaking, because I really just bought the alcohol for once person, and he distributed out to everyone else. I really don't feel I should be charged with all counts, but don't know what I should do since I was the oldest. What is the worst that can happen if I'm charged on all accounts? If I understand correctly, the 3rd charge and over is considered a FELONY!!!! I've never been in any trouble ever and now I'm really stressing, any advice would be great!

weenor

Mantra Locust said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia.

Over Memorial Day weekend I went out to the river with a few friends that just graduated. We ended up getting surrounded by cops and now I'm facing 5 counts of Distributing alcohol to a minor. 2 was 18+. 3 was under 18. I'm really freaking, because I really just bought the alcohol for once person, and he distributed out to everyone else. I really don't feel I should be charged with all counts, but don't know what I should do since I was the oldest. What is the worst that can happen if I'm charged on all accounts? If I understand correctly, the 3rd charge and over is considered a FELONY!!!! I've never been in any trouble ever and now I'm really stressing, any advice would be great!
Now you know where the cops go to find kids drinking. A lawyer is a must..we can't tell you the time without a crystal ball.

Mantra Locust

I understand that. And I will look into getting a lawyer on Monday. Though I know I probably won't be able to afford one, I guess I can someone get one appointed to me. I wasn't exactly asking for the outcome, but was just asking if they would at least know if I'd spend any jail time or not. The sherriff department says that I won't, because they are all misdemenors (sp?) but with so many counts, it's making me a bit nervous.

Mantra Locust

I was searching on the net and found this:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/GaCode/data/3-3-23.1.htm

In the second paragraph I noticed it said something along the lines of:

"Any person convicted of violating any prohibition contained in subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the second or subsequent conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature"

I'm taking this as if I am charged with 2 or more accounts, the only difference in anything over than 2 would be the price of the fine. I believe it also states that If I haven't been in trouble that I would get probation, but I'd like someone to read over and kinda make sure, because I'm not too knowledgeable about legal matters, if they had the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">