• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution Marijuana Felony (Minor to Minor)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyleb4u

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Hello, My Son got expelled from school a week ago for possession of a controlled dangerous substance (Marijuana), and his truck was impounded for switched license plates and has to appear in court in feb. he had a court review hearing a few days later (truancy matters) and was confronted by a narcotics detective, saying he had a warrant for his arrest on charges of distribution of marjiana. he arrested him and booked him in the parish jail before releasing him to me (he is a juvenille, 16 years old) now we are waiting on the arraignment court papers to arrive and to be appointed an attorney (he refused to talk to the cops), his BD is in 3 months and I am afraid he will be trialed as an adult. I am so scared he is going to prison for anywhere from 5-30 years, this is the first time he has been in trouble with the law (the truancy isn't being treated as a juvenille delequincy matter yet) so I am hoping they will give him probation. If he is trialed as a juvenille what kinda punishment is he looking at? and if he is trialed as an adult will they actually send him to prison being his is only 16???

(the distribution according to my son was way less then a quarter oz.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kyleb4u said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Hello, My Son got expelled from school a week ago for possession of a controlled dangerous substance (Marijuana), and his truck was impounded for switched license plates and has to appear in court in feb. he had a court review hearing a few days later (truancy matters) and was confronted by a narcotics detective, saying he had a warrant for his arrest on charges of distribution of marjiana. he arrested him and booked him in the parish jail before releasing him to me (he is a juvenille, 16 years old) now we are waiting on the arraignment court papers to arrive and to be appointed an attorney (he refused to talk to the cops), his BD is in 3 months and I am afraid he will be trialed as an adult. I am so scared he is going to prison for anywhere from 5-30 years, this is the first time he has been in trouble with the law (the truancy isn't being treated as a juvenille delequincy matter yet) so I am hoping they will give him probation. If he is trialed as a juvenille what kinda punishment is he looking at? and if he is trialed as an adult will they actually send him to prison being his is only 16???

(the distribution according to my son was way less then a quarter oz.)

My response:

Aren't you ashamed of your lousy parenting skills? No apologies for yourself! You're just concerned that he'll be "trialed" (whatever the hell that means), convicted, and thrown into the slammer. Well, guess what? He should be!

I hope he gets "the book" thrown at him.

IAAL

kyleb4u

really...

you are just like every liberal,politician,cop,and all those close-minded fools in this god-forsaken goverment system. marijuana is classified as a schedule I drug in louisiana, meaning it is more dangerous then meth,cocaine,crack,heroin, tranquilzers, hell even ecstacy, now tell me how the hell that can be when all these drugs have the potential to kill your ass on one sniff,injection,ingestion. he isn't a drug addict or a troublemaker, he got rid of it to keep from getting himself in trouble, he didn't even sell it, someone asked for it back. he also has taken hair tests, and blood tests, and all came back negative, he has never used marijuana according to these ridiculous tests.

if you can't respond in a legal way, or ridiculeless way then please don't respond.

(to hell with the spelling and making up of words)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Aren't you ashamed of your lousy parenting skills? No apologies for yourself! You're just concerned that he'll be "trialed" (whatever the hell that means), convicted, and thrown into the slammer. Well, guess what? He should be!

I hope he gets "the book" thrown at him.

IAAL

CdwJava

He was at school, in possession of marijuana (apparently with the intent to distribute it - and giving it away is still distribution), AND had false plates on his vehicle ... that spells intentional criminal conduct to me.

He might be tried as an adult - he might not. I don't know.

But, I CAN tell you that if he were MY son, I would be ashamed and angry at my son for HIS actions - not at the criminal justice system for doing what they do.

The best thing you can do for him at this point is to hire him a good attorney. He's going to need it.

- Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
He was at school, in possession of marijuana (apparently with the intent to distribute it - and giving it away is still distribution), AND had false plates on his vehicle ... that spells intentional criminal conduct to me.

He might be tried as an adult - he might not. I don't know.

But, I CAN tell you that if he were MY son, I would be ashamed and angry at my son for HIS actions - not at the criminal justice system for doing what they do.

The best thing you can do for him at this point is to hire him a good attorney. He's going to need it.

- Carl

My response:

Carl, why do you think I repeated my response to this idiot?

This idiot trailer trash isn't going to understand what you wrote. All trailer trash know how to do is blame someone else for their own problems and misgivings.

You wasted your time.

IAAL

CdwJava

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
You wasted your time.

IAAL
It's a slow - very slow <knock-on-wood> - night at work ... and I have a headache ... so I have time to waste. :)

And repetition works for my kids, so it might work for others as well.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">