• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce or Emancipation - I am 15

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greygramma

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am writing this for my granddaughter. She says:
My parents are divorced. I am 15-1/2 and I live with my sister (age 12), my grandmother and my dad. I am in school. I want NOTHING to do with my mother. My parents are haggling in court over visitation rights for my mother. FOUR of our doctors say she should not be permitted to have anything to do with my sister or me. They have done depositions which have been given to the court. She is abusive (not physically, however) and needs a psychological overhaul or a rubber room. My sister and I see a psychologist every week and he's helping us overcome some problems created by my mother. I either want to divorce her or be emancipated from her. I cannot yet support myself but I want her rights to me and what I do terminated. How do I go about this? What are my chances of NEVER having to deal with this woman again? I know when I am 18 I am an adult but I want these "privileges" to happen NOW. My sister feels the same way. The court is taking its own sweet time for all their deliberations and it's been going on long enough. My mother and her lawyer are evil. I just want us to be left alone to grow up as good as possible. My dad has asked for her parental rights to be terminated but that doesn't happen very often in our county. I think the judges know all about us but are very slow to do anything for us kids. They are giving our mother every chance in the world to get straight but I don't trust her and never will. I am afraid to leave our house because I think she is capable of kidnapping. I don't go anywhere without my grandmother or my dad. How can I get rid of this woman forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">