• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a legal case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yamibear88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My tween daughter was admitted to the juvenile pshyc ward at a hospital and her female roomate french kissed her. I don't know if to talk to a lawyer or call the hospital directly. I need advice on what to do next.

Proserpina

My tween daughter was admitted to the juvenile pshyc ward at a hospital and her female roomate french kissed her. I don't know if to talk to a lawyer or call the hospital directly. I need advice on what to do next.
Did you report the incident? Did SHE report the incident?

A lawyer for WHAT, exactly?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's obviously not a major concern of yours if your first response is to hop on the internet and ask random strangers for advice.

quincy

A few questions, Yamibear88:

You say your daughter is a "tween." How old is your daughter's female roommate?

How did you learn of the kiss (and type of kiss)? Did you hear about it from a reliable source? Is the report verifiable?

Is your daughter still rooming with the same female?

If your daughter is still in the hospital and she is still in the same room with the same female roommate, and being with this female roommate makes your daughter uncomfortable (or you uncomfortable), the first thing you will want to speak to the hospital about is a room change.

I do not see any reason to contact a lawyer, at least from what you have posted so far.

tranquility

Notwithstanding all the questions, your first response is to report it to the facility's administrator and see what they say.

tranquility

Actually, Mom/daughter should report it to the treatment team, before Mom goes and jumps at administration. :cool:
I am uncertain as to your logic. Why here first? While they have the power to change things, they would have to go to the upper level to actually change things. Why not go to the actual power first?

That being said, I like soft convincing over hard demanding. Suggesting to those who can manipulate facts can be very powerful. I don't disagree at all. But, if you want a change now, go to the power.

quincy

Px Hx. ......
Yamibear88 received some good advice the last time she visited.

The child appears to have had a rough go of it.

Here is a link to the previous thread for some background information: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/how-likely-am-i-get-sole-custody-my-7-year-old-daughter-571275.html

I think that having the daughter discuss her roommate concerns with the daughter's medical team is best. What is said about the roommate needs to be handled carefully. There can be a question as to the reliability of any tween's report - and you have reputations as well as the treatments of both girls to consider.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Why?

(While understanding that I don't have all the facts.)
Because it's behavior on a psych unit; the treatment team will know how to approach it better than the administration, especially since both girls are there for a reason. The treatment team is there to help all of them; if one girl needs to go to a private room/different unit, the treatment team can arrange that quicker than jumping up and down at administration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">