• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have To Pay This?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

triple5soul8781

The name of my state is Connecticut

I got in trouble for throwing a metal ball after school and it hit a door window on a bus. WHen it happened i had left but the owner of the bus company came and said he will offer a $500 reward to anyone who would tell him who did it and a student in 8th grade admitted it. Once i was called to the office the next day (today) i admitted i did it and my school and the bus company came to the agreement that i have to pay for the window which is apparently 592$ but i know its only 92$ and their making me pay for the reward the bus owner offered. After talking to the owner of the bus company he is angry because i dont have the money right now and unless he gets it by thursday hes bringing my family and I t court and i dont know what to do. Can he rightfully make me pay for the window AND the "reward" he decided to give out?

Last edited:

Just Blue

triple5soul8781 said:

I got in trouble for throwing a metal ball after school and it hit a door window on a bus. WHen it happened i had left but the owner of the bus company came and said he will offer a $500 reward to anyone who would tell him who did it and a student in 8th grade admitted it. Once i was called to the office the next day (today) i admitted i did it and my school and the bus company came to the agreement that i have to pay for the window which is apparently 592$ but i know its only 92$ and their making me pay for the reward the bus owner offered. After talking to the owner of the bus company he is angry because i dont have the money right now and unless he gets it by thursday hes bringing my family and I t court and i dont know what to do. Can he rightfully make me pay for the window AND the "reward" he decided to give out?
Sure he can! You get to pay for the crime and all associated costs...:cool:

HomeGuru

triple5soul8781 said:

**A: so where the heck are your parents in all of this?

MrsK

I would think that if he went to court, he would have to show the bill for the window to the judge and it would probably be the only thing he would get reimbursed for.

You need to tell your parents to call a glass company and ask how much it will be to replace it, and then they should offer that to the driver.

I would think if he refused & took your parents to court, the judge would be unhappy that he was offered the money to repair the bus & did not take it.

ENASNI

he will offer a $500 reward to anyone who would tell him who did it and a student in 8th grade admitted it.
Okay, maybe I am getting a little loopy this late in the afternoon. But why did the eighth grade student get rewarded for lying?

Is this quote above saying that he got the $500.00 for saying he did it?

triple5soul8781

no he got 500$ for saying "who" did it but nobody knows who he said it was because there was another friend of mine who got called down. ANd another friend of mine got threatened to be arrested because the principle knew he knew i did it but he lied in the office and he said he was gonna be arrested for impleading the case

ENASNI

triple5soul8781 said:
no he got 500$ for saying "who" did it but nobody knows who he said it was because there was another friend of mine who got called down. ANd another friend of mine got threatened to be arrested because the principle knew he knew i did it but he lied in the office and he said he was gonna be arrested for impleading the case

Yep "Impleading" a case is very very serious. :D

triple5soul8781

well my uncle is willing to pay the 592$ but i have to work it and pay it all back...do you think id be better off going to court and tyring to only pay for a window...or what

justalayman

MrsK said:
I would think that if he went to court, he would have to show the bill for the window to the judge and it would probably be the only thing he would get reimbursed for.

You need to tell your parents to call a glass company and ask how much it will be to replace it, and then they should offer that to the driver.

I would think if he refused & took your parents to court, the judge would be unhappy that he was offered the money to repair the bus & did not take it.

I disagree with you MrsK. The kid needs to pay up.

He, obviously, could be charged with a crime. His costs would most assuredly be much more if this were to happen as well as much more hassle. As well, how much money do you think the folks will lose by needing to show up in court.

It may not seem fair but it is the wisest thing to do.

S

shell007

triple5soul8781 said:
well my uncle is willing to pay the 592$ but i have to work it and pay it all back...do you think id be better off going to court and tyring to only pay for a window...or what
NO...I don't think it would be better for you to go to court to "only pay for the window". You shouldn't get off that EASY!!

Let your uncle pay, and MAYBE by him making you pay off the debt by working will TEACH YOU A LESSON, THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T LEARNED YET. I bet after this...you won't do it again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">