• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have to pay my sons ticket if hes serving jail time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony17

hes a minor and is in juvy for house arrest viloations do i still have to pay those tickets ad fines sent from court or is his jail time making up for that ?

sandyclaus

hes a minor and is in juvy for house arrest viloations do i still have to pay those tickets ad fines sent from court or is his jail time making up for that ?
It's probably entirely likely that the specifics for his actually being jailed are because he violated the terms of his house arrest, and have nothing to do with the reason he got the house arrest punishment in the first place.

Unless you were told otherwise (which it sounds like you weren't), YES, you still have to pay the tickets and fines sent from court, since they stem from the crime he committed and not the violation of his house arrest.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Of course, without knowing the specific violations that the phrase "his tickets" applies to, and without knowing the state, there is no way we can be assured of giving anything close to accurate answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">