• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do not know what to do if anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkrobin71

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
I have no ideal what to do if anything?
My son is 11 years old and Today a person that I have been friends with for 5 years, accused him of stealing $100.00 out of her house. This person is unstable at times, she had been arrested for hitting her husband, this was to take place as I sit in her living room on 11/17/2006 This is what she said happen" as my 2 sons where in her back room, which she was watching them from the kictchen,theres a dresser in this room, with a jewelry box of something under the dresser or on top, he pulled out a pan or drawer " under stand this room is full of stuff, and cat liter boxes" and took the money. This person has about 16 cats in her home, my son were back trying to get the kittens. My oldest son who is 12 was right there with his brother when this was to happen. Now today she confronts my son alone with out my self or my husband there about this money missing, tells my son she has video tape and is calling the police he going to areested for stealing the money. Well as you can guess after being told this my husband and I went and spoke to her, well of course no vidoe tape, that one I knew she made up, to get him to tell the truth she told us that. We told her go in and call the police if she thinks he stole the money,I told her before you do make sure you have proof of the money was there and you know that he had taken the money. That was 4:30 pm EST now 2:00 am EST, she did not call the police. I want her to call the police on my son, sounds bad on my part. But I want it go that way so when she found the money she feel dumb for what she did. On top of everything now she accused him of also stealing $100. from her on 11/11/2006. when my son wasent up at her house that day. He was with my husband thats his birthday. My oldest son and I where up at her hoouse that day, to help her get he heater fixed.
What I like to know is there anything I can do? One is she will keep saying that he stole the money.she calling the police, How long do you have to report theft? days,weeks,years? I know how she is everyone wil think my son a theft, I want her to stay away from my sons and my husband and me. Is there anything civil that I can do? My son has ADHD and has other problems that go with that. She knew this and I think she accused him for the reason of that, I feel bad for her and give her the $200. so she would not call the police. She has no job, her soon to be ex gives her money,pays her bills and rent. I am really concerned about what she may do and the actions she may take, my son is visable upset over this, So please any info would be great, I am going to call the DJ office on Monday to see if I can file some kind of " stay away order" Her landlord is our landlord father, is there anything he could do? We have spoken to the son "our landlord" about what happen. So there is no miss understanding about what went on and why it went on.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Did your son actually steal the money? YOu say he admitted it and she lied about the videotape to get him to tell the truth so hence he stole the money from the sounds of things. She has every right to report it to the police. What will come of it is anyone's guess since you say you paid restitution. Why give her $200 if your son did not steal the money?
What have you done to prevent your son from stealing in the future? ADHD is no excuse by the way for engaging in criminal activity.

jkrobin71

Did your son actually steal the money? YOu say he admitted it and she lied about the videotape to get him to tell the truth so hence he stole the money from the sounds of things. She has every right to report it to the police. What will come of it is anyone's guess since you say you paid restitution. Why give her $200 if your son did not steal the money?
What have you done to prevent your son from stealing in the future? ADHD is no excuse by the way for engaging in criminal activity.
No he did not steal the money. And we did not give her the money. This a quote from my post
"tells my son she has video tape and is calling the police he going to areested for stealing the money. Well as you can guess after being told this my husband and I went and spoke to her, well of course no vidoe tape, that one I knew she made up, to get him to tell the truth she told us that. We told her go in and call the police if she thinks he stole the money,I told her before you do make sure you have proof of the money was there and you know that he had taken the money."
Where is it admitted he took the money? She think he stole the money.
My son has ADHD and has other problems that go with that. She knew this and I think she accused him for the reason of that, I feel bad for her and give her the $200 so she would not call the police.
This what she think that we shoud do, no one gave her any money. My son did not steal the money from her, and I do not think him having ADHD is a excuse.

If your child did not steal this (and you dont know you werent there) giving your neighbor this money does not support your plea of iinocence. Police will not be called no need money was returned. You should have told neighbor to call PD and produce evidence! You may believe (and may be true) your child did not steal but your actions do not support that claim and your ADHD defense does not support innocence either it supports guilt and alledged cause! Honestly I think you can consider the money a lesson learned

LSCAP

She seems to have trouble writing. Might be tired, worrying.

The OP said that The neighbor thinks if the She ( the neighbor) accuses the kid of stealing, the Op would feel sorry for her and give her 200.00

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
jkrobin - it would likely help if you tried to edit your post so it's a bit more coherent.

smutlydog

Years ago I called the PD because someone that was staying at my house stole a weed eater from me. The police told me they couldn't do anything because I gave the individual access. I guess the police are not in the business of compensating for stupidity. I should of not let this person stay at my house.

Maybe this lady shouldn't leave cash in obvious places

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">