• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do you know if its true?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cali420

What is the name of your state? Ohio

so i have been dating my boyfriend for about a year now... but he is 19 and im only 15. I got in trouble with the police about 2 months ago and that led them to file a charge of corrupting a minor on him. He went to court for the charge and was issued a restraining order from the judge. I have heard from a Probatiob officer that once i turn 16 i (w/o my parents consent) can get that restraining order off and will legally be allowed to date him if there is no sex. is this true?

CdwJava

I think you either misunderstood what was said, or the probation officer was wrong. I suppose you can always TRY to go to court and ask a judge to remove a restraining order, but I doubt that will happen unless the judge just issued it to prevent sexual relations and was not concerned about his otherwise corrupting influence.

In other words, don't count on it. And, unless your parents are going to pay for an attorney for you, just HOW are you going to go about getting the order removed??

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">