• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does child services have the right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrazyWhovian73

The actual situation.

Here is the actual question I am trying to get answered. Sorry but I couldn't post above.

This may seem like an odd situation but I assure you, it's true. When my daughter was 7 ( she's 12 now ) her birth mother convinced her to tell a teacher that her step mothers brother had touched her, she gave her details on what to say. He was arrested, all of his laptops were confiscated and searched, she was seen by medical professionals and counselors that were approved by the court. After finally realizing why she wasn't seeing her uncle anymore, she felt bad and told the truth, that nothing had happened. We contacted the detective investigating who said he had found absolutely nothing incriminating on his laptop, the doctors who examined her, reported that their were no signs of any physical contact to show that she was ever touched in any way. She admitted to her counsel about what her mom had her say and all these people ( detective, doctor and counselor ) recommended that all charges be dropped, and the courts agreed and so they were.
Okay now the issue and the question.
It's five almost six years later and somebody made one of those cowardly anonymous child services calls because they felt she was neglected because her pants had a hole by the knee. The child services lady after her walkthrough of our home and determined that there was nothing wrong and the kids were well taken care of. Then before she left, she decided to tell us that my kid's uncle is not allowed around them and if he is, she will remove them from our home. That was NEVER a stipulation set by the courts and when I pointed that out to her she said these exact words. " It doesn't matter what any of them said, we have insurmountable evidence that proves he is guilty of all charges. " I asked what proof but she would not tell me, she just gave the threat again.
Here are my questions, does she have that right, to make that demand of us? And if they really had all this insurmountable evidence, why would they have agreed to release him?
This has thrown our family into a turmoil and the kids are devastated and we are living in fear of losing the kids. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

FarmerJ

Do not forget you can learn who this persons supervisor is and go over that persons head with a formal complaint and it would not hurt to know who the next one is up the chain too .

Just Blue

Here is the actual question I am trying to get answered. Sorry but I couldn't post above.

This may seem like an odd situation but I assure you, it's true. When my daughter was 7 ( she's 12 now ) her birth mother convinced her to tell a teacher that her step mothers brother had touched her, she gave her details on what to say. He was arrested, all of his laptops were confiscated and searched, she was seen by medical professionals and counselors that were approved by the court. After finally realizing why she wasn't seeing her uncle anymore, she felt bad and told the truth, that nothing had happened. We contacted the detective investigating who said he had found absolutely nothing incriminating on his laptop, the doctors who examined her, reported that their were no signs of any physical contact to show that she was ever touched in any way. She admitted to her counsel about what her mom had her say and all these people ( detective, doctor and counselor ) recommended that all charges be dropped, and the courts agreed and so they were.
Okay now the issue and the question.
It's five almost six years later and somebody made one of those cowardly anonymous child services calls because they felt she was neglected because her pants had a hole by the knee. The child services lady after her walkthrough of our home and determined that there was nothing wrong and the kids were well taken care of. Then before she left, she decided to tell us that my kid's uncle is not allowed around them and if he is, she will remove them from our home. That was NEVER a stipulation set by the courts and when I pointed that out to her she said these exact words. " It doesn't matter what any of them said, we have insurmountable evidence that proves he is guilty of all charges. " I asked what proof but she would not tell me, she just gave the threat again.
Here are my questions, does she have that right, to make that demand of us? And if they really had all this insurmountable evidence, why would they have agreed to release him?
This has thrown our family into a turmoil and the kids are devastated and we are living in fear of losing the kids. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
There are attorneys that are willing to help you with little or no cost. I REALLY suggest you try to find one. Start with a Civil Rights attorney...If s/he can't assist s/he could perhaps direct you to another that can.

Good Luck
Blue :)

OHRoadwarrior

Unfortunately, not all vermin can be removed from your home by an exterminator with a law degree. If practical, after an initial infestation has been curtailed, it is sometimes advisable to move into another state or county out of the nesting ground of that particular family of vermin.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Unfortunately, not all vermin can be removed from your home by an exterminator with a law degree. If practical, after an initial infestation has been curtailed, it is sometimes advisable to move into another state or county out of the nesting ground of that particular family of vermin.
That sometimes doesn't stop them in some areas. At least not according to recent caselaw in Ohio.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're not suggesting OP flee jurisdiction, surely. Especially not with the child. Right?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You're not suggesting OP flee jurisdiction, surely. Especially not with the child. Right?
Well that should definitely not be the advice -- fleeing that is. But if he wanted to move to another county after informing the court and going through proper notifications as required under the law, he could. He also shouldn't cooperate with CSB again unless they have a court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">