• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a citation for a minor in possession of alcohol violate my juvenile arbitration?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smasiowski

I got a charge for minor possesion of marijuana at age 16 and recieved juvenile arbitration. One condition was that I may not recieve a new charge while in arbitration. However, I recently received a ticket for a minor in possesion of alcohol. Will this count as a new charge or not, since it is a citation? I live in south carolina and have not yet completed arbitration.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I got a charge for minor possesion of marijuana at age 16 and recieved juvenile arbitration. One condition was that I may not recieve a new charge while in arbitration. However, I recently received a ticket for a minor in possesion of alcohol. Will this count as a new charge or not, since it is a citation? I live in south carolina and have not yet completed arbitration.
Yep it will count as a new charge. You might want to grow up and quit drinking and doing drugs. That is the best way to avoid getting in trouble. You also might want to check into drug/alcohol treatment since apparently you have a problem with it.

smasiowski

Thank you for your personal advice but I was just asking a question. Whats the difference between a citation/ticket and a charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">