• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does juvenile offense stay on record?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adultquestion

When I was 16, my boyfriend and I went to a local dam after hours. When we were about to leave, a cop pulled up. The cop gave us a fine for criminal trespassing. We both paid it. That was my only offense I ever got and I am now 18. I am wondering if i apply for a government job, will they see that offense?? If they can, can i get it off my record because i really want the job?

CdwJava

adultquestion said:
When I was 16, my boyfriend and I went to a local dam after hours. When we were about to leave, a cop pulled up. The cop gave us a fine for criminal trespassing. We both paid it. That was my only offense I ever got and I am now 18. I am wondering if i apply for a government job, will they see that offense?? If they can, can i get it off my record because i really want the job?
What kind of government job?

And what was the exact code section you were cited for? Were you ever booked (i.e. fingerprinted and photographed) for the offense? Or did you simply appear in court and pay a fine?

- Carl

adultquestion

does juvenile offense stay on record?

The job will be with the united states postal service.

We were never finger printed or photographed. The cop just gave us a citation. I just mailed in the fine.

I think the code is 3503.

Happy Trails

Not all of the statutes for Pennsylvania are on line and that one--I am only finding bits and pieces to it. I think it is a misdemeanor.

To be sure you should go to the courthouse where you paid the fine and find out what is on your record.

Application for the USPS asks here:

7a. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or are you now under charges for any offense against the Law?

You may omit: (1) any charges that were dismissed or resulted in acquittal; (2) any conviction that has been set aside, vacated, annulled, expunged, or sealed; (3) any offense that was finally adjudicated in a juvenile court or juvenile delinquency proceeding; and (4) any charges that resulted only in a conviction of a noncriminal offense. All felony and misdemeanor convictions and all convictions in state and federal courts are criminal convictions and must be disclosed. Disclosure of such convictions is required even if you did not spend any time in jail and/or were not required to pay a fine.

------------

If what you find out needs to be sealed or expunged, then go here:

http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/expungement-criminal-records-law.php/PA/PA-EXP.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">