• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holamiamigo

What is the name of your state? ohio

If your legal guardian orders a drink and the server hands it to him/her and hands to you. Are you allowed to drink it? I police officer told me you were but i know they just enforce the law and dont know every law by the book like a lawyer would?

CdwJava

holamiamigo said:
What is the name of your state? ohio

If your legal guardian orders a drink and the server hands it to him/her and hands to you. Are you allowed to drink it? I police officer told me you were but i know they just enforce the law and dont know every law by the book like a lawyer would?
In a commercial establishment? Generally, no - you cannot legally consume it and the business could get fined very heavily if they permit it.

There might be exceptions for private parties, but if this is a restaurant or similar establishment open to the public, this cannot be done.

- Carl

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
CdwJava said:
In a commercial establishment? Generally, no - you cannot legally consume it and the business could get fined very heavily if they permit it.

There might be exceptions for private parties, but if this is a restaurant or similar establishment open to the public, this cannot be done.

- Carl
Carl we covered this on another thread regarding a bride who was under the age of 21 and wanted to consume. Minors ARE NOT allowed to drink anything but low alcoholic (less than 0.5% alcohol) drinks in the state of Ohio. I posted all of the laws for Ohio on this thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=302168
-- The law is 21. That means 21. No exceptions and no excuses holamiamigo.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">