• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking in public ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pat12345

What is the name of your state? New York
Well I was sitting in my friends car last night (parked in a parking lot) waiting for someone to pick me up. I did have 1 beer and am underage 17. i wanted to leave the party caus i knew it was wrong so we went to sit in my friends car. cops pulled in the lot and saw there were 2 beers in the back seat. He took me out of the passanger seat and checked me for anything else. I admitted to drinking earlier at a freinds house and told them i was waiting for my friend to pick me up. they gave me a ticket for drinking in public and i have a court date in a month. My friend who was sitting in the driver seat lied and said he drank nothing and got off free. what could the penalties be? do i have to bring my parents to court as im only 17? this is my first time being in trouble ever and i regret drinking so much and swear it off forever. whats going to happen to me? the cop said id prbly have to appear in court and pay 25 dollar fine.... please help. how should i tell my parents? oh and can this effect my liscence as i wasnt even driving?

Last edited:

majomom1

What is the name of your state? New York
Well I was sitting in my friends car last night (parked in a parking lot) waiting for someone to pick me up. I did have 1 beer and am underage 17. i wanted to leave the party caus i knew it was wrong so we went to sit in my friends car. cops pulled in the lot and saw there were 2 beers in the back seat. He took me out of the passanger seat and checked me for anything else. I admitted to drinking earlier at a freinds house and told them i was waiting for my friend to pick me up. they gave me a ticket for drinking in public and i have a court date in a month. My friend who was sitting in the driver seat lied and said he drank nothing and got off free. what could the penalties be? do i have to bring my parents to court as im only 17? this is my first time being in trouble ever and i regret drinking so much and swear it off forever. whats going to happen to me? the cop said id prbly have to appear in court and pay 25 dollar fine.... please help. how should i tell my parents? oh and can this effect my liscence as i wasnt even driving?
Show some maturity and tell your parents... exactly like you said it here.

The court will ask where your parents are and it will go much better if you tell them up front. They can find out exactly what to expect in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">